Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2005, 11:55 PM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
changing around furniture

I am thinking of switching the couch to the back and moving the recliners to the slide.Is the couch just sitting their not bolted down???Or is this a more involved proccess.Thanks for your help.

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 12:36 AM   #2
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
I think it is just sitting there, but could be wrong. I know I have seen other posts about rearranging furniture so I am sure someone will know.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 02:42 AM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Our couch, 2004, was just sitting there. Thought the jackknife sofa was bolted down, somewhere remember someone telling us that. Did not verify ourselves!.>G>G>

Backs of sofa come off, if you are intersted in removing from coach all together, a bit tricky, but doable.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 05:50 AM   #4
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
The sofa is just sitting there.
Our Recliners at teh rear have 4 clips screwed inot the floor, remove them and you can move them over to the slide.
what is the lenght of your sofa??
We just put in a new Lazy boy sofa and a Lazy Boy recliner.
What a difference.
All we have now is the sofa across the back and one recliner on the slider side.
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 06:33 AM   #5
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Our sofa is not secured, but we cannot rearrange furniture. The end table between the recliners houses the electrical box and is stationery. I suppose we could do it with some "remodeling", but don't think we are up to that at this point. I've enjoyed reading about and seeing what others have done with their furniture arrangements though - gives the Montana our personal touch.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 07:45 AM   #6
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
harleyrider,
The couch is not attached to the floor in any of the models I have seen. If you want to move it to the back of the coach, I'd just measure to make sure the slide could go past it. It is possible to rearrange the furniture in these units. We removed the dining booth, moved the couch to its position and put a recliner in the slide. I then put a dining table from a Holiday Rambler in the rear bay window area with folding oak chairs. This may be a little more work than some want to do as I had to redo the power connection to a Marinco connector which allowed me to remove the built-in end table, which previously stored the power cord, from the back of the coach.

Here is a link to my website if you'd like to see some of the changes we have made.

http://www.geocities.com/fulltimedre...vprojects.html
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 07:46 AM   #7
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
On our '05 2980RL the couch is screwed down to the plywood floor, but it's easy to undo. I know because the dealer had to move it forward an inch or so to have enough room to fold out. The recliners are loosed, except for the tie down brackets in the floor that the straps are connected to. My guess is that it's the same on other models.
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 01:22 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
The couch was not bolted down in either our 2001 2880RL or our 2003 3295RK. On both the hideabed and the jackknife, you can raise the seat portion a little, then lift the front panel off. It has a couple of hooks over the bar along the front of the couch. Then you can get under the couch with a flashlight to check it out. This is also how we used to get a few things under the couch that wouldn't fit through the opening by just lifting the seat.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 07:02 PM   #9
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
I have a 2001 Montana 3280 RL and the sofa has screws through the bottom tubes into the slide floor just like the table.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 04:05 AM   #10
nkwist
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #821
We switched the position of our fold-out couch and recliners a few months ago. We like the new arrangement MUCH better. Nothing was bolted down and it took only a few minutes, no problem. Why not give it a try?
nkwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 11:13 AM   #11
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I went up to my storage area today.The couch was bolted down to the floor.But the screws came out with no problem.So I switched the furniture around.I didn`t bolt the couch down when I relocated it.I don`t think it will move much.With the slides closed its a pretty tight fit.I noticed when I moved the couch that their was a plate next to the slide out wall.Nothing on the plate,but it looks like a electrically outlet plate without the holes to plug a cord in.Any one know why they put a blank plate in that spot???
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 12:58 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I took that plate off on ours to take a peek. On ours it's an electrical junction box. Easy access should you need it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 05:22 AM   #13
Montana_1495
Established Member

M.O.C. #1495
We moved our sofa to the back and the recliners to the slide! We like this much better! We use the end table as a coffe table, and it is much easier to get to the recliners for morning coffee if someone is sleeping in the pull out bed from the sofa. I just strap the recliners to each other, and lift the seat cushions from the couch up and lean against the back. We have more room for the table and chairs this way, too!
Montana_1495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 05:47 AM   #14
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
ours is totally different, so I can't reply to it....other than saying....sorry can't help on this one.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 07:31 PM   #15
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Harley Rider
We also have a plate where the couch was and the chairs are now. We had a similar one under the computer desk and dealer said it was for another electric plug if we wanted one installed. We did and they did it before we took delivery. I'm assuming the one by the chairs is the same.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote