Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2005, 03:47 AM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
How Many Tanks? and Thanks to All

Just how many tanks will my 2955RL have? Black,Gray and Fresh water, but what is the Galley Tank some folks talk about?

Monday, the wife and I have our final "detail" meeting with the salesman so that there are no surprise's when we pick up the New Monty of Friday May 20.. What I realized is that I am a detail/number kind of person, and basically the salesman isn't!

I have seen several forums on the net about camping, but this place and you folks are the best! I kid people that it took my wife Nancy and I about 15 minutes to buy our home years ago, but we have been doing our homework about our dream rv for many years.

We are off to our second Granddaughter's 1st Birthday. Happy weekend everybody.

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 04:31 AM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Congradulations on your new 2955. You should have a grey tank, fresh water tank, black tank, and a galley tank. The galley tank is for your kitchen sink.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 05:05 AM   #3
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Congratulations on your new Monty! I am sure you will love as we love ours!
You should have all that Doug and Sharon (DHenry) told you!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 05:48 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Doug and Sharon as well as Bob and Kathy are all correct. Freshwater, Black, Gray and Galley tanks. What they didn't tell you and apparently most dealers don't tell either is where to find the handle for the Galley Drain.
On the left side, under the dinette/sofa slide and up on the frame between the tires you will find the handle for the Galley drain.
Maybe the Montana Factory Reps will read this and follow up with their dealer network. Seems to me there are far too many new Monty owners that know nothing about this Galley tank muchless the location of the valve handle.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 10:36 AM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I guess there are units without the galley tank. The shower and Lavatory alnog with the Kitchen water are collected into a single "gray water" tank. By-the-way, Rkassi, don't depend on the indicator lights too heavily. For a number of different reasons the sensors give false readings. We go by number of days or other indications to let us know when too dump.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 02:50 PM   #6
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
RKassl,
I'll bet the anticpation is killing you. It sure did for me when we were waiting to pick ours up back in December. ENJOY!
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote