Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2005, 04:11 PM   #1
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
YEEEEEEHAAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

IT'S DONE!!!!

IT'S DONE!!!!

It's really REALLY done!

After 2 full months at a local dealer to repair the damage our "new" 2002 3575RL had, we FINALLY were able to bring it home.

Now begins the fun of customizing it

Eric

Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:26 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congratulations!! Glad you are off the high center and can get going on your great adventure.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:31 PM   #3
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
That is really grand news. Enjoy!

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:35 PM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
The customizing is a lot of fun. We're still working on ours after owning it for almost a year. But then I'm not sure if it ever ends. As someone said, 'who needs a hobby when you have an RV'.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:39 PM   #5
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
I had made several changes to our old TT that we found quite useful. We are evaluating those to see which might be applicable to the Montana. Then there were several mods that I had thought of but decided they were not worth the effort for the more entry level trailer that we had. Those are also being re-evaluated to see if they might be useful on the Monty. Just wait until about mid to late spring. I'll be pestering all of you for raw info on Montana construction. I'll be wanting to pull wires of all kinds into all sorts of places

Mary Lou is chomping at the bit to revamp the interior more to our tastes. The previous owners had re-decorated and our two styles... well.... clash. We have some closet mods to make REAL SOON before we load our stuff into it.

Our plan is to take it out over Presidents day weekend and do a "work weekend" to start getting the interior in shape. We are also planning on some "quality down time" to relax and take it easy.

Eric
Old 02-06-2005, 04:54 PM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Be sure and share your changes. We're always looking for new ideas to making living in our Monty more pleasant and convenient.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:57 PM   #7
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Will do. I've been inspired by some of the stories & pictures here on the MOC.

Eric
Old 02-07-2005, 12:34 AM   #8
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Eric -

Will you be going to the RV show at Rosemont in a few weeks? If so, maybe we could meet and talk about some of the mods. Collier RV is going to have some Montanas there, I think. Would be a good place to meet. Also, any other MOC members that would want to meet at the Chicago RV show, might be a nice "outing".
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 02:13 AM   #9
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rames14

Eric -

Will you be going to the RV show at Rosemont in a few weeks?
That is presidents day weekend. We will be taking our toy out for our first official outing to the Palisades state park. We'll find some weekend to meet.

Eric
Old 02-07-2005, 02:55 PM   #10
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Eric -

Enjoy Palisades park. I grew up in Dubuque, about an hour north of there. Will be a little cooler again this weekend. I'm counting the days until we get to our trailer again. We didn't do any modifications last year, but I have spent the last few weeks building my work room to do some of the projects. Want to make a wood sign engraved with our name and a bone to hang below with Magnum the Wonder Lab's name. Then, want to build a porch light like I saw at the rally last year to hang my sign from. Then, I want to add the door modification and also put in an outlet and pegboard in the basement. Plus, we had a problem with our fantastic vent at the end of last season and they sent a new motor. So, the first couple of weekends we'll be doing some work. I also want to find a Honda generator for boondocking in July. A few other things, too. Don't forget your ice fishing gear. Should still be some good ice out at Savannah.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:29 PM   #11
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Ron,

Where do you boondock at? We have gone to a hot air balloon festival in Danville a few times and you have to boondock on the airport grounds. Other than that and a couple of odd places, we don't do much. I wouldn't mind finding a place or two that is more scenic than the airport...

Eric
Old 02-08-2005, 02:15 PM   #12
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Eric Roellig

Ron,

Where do you boondock at? We have gone to a hot air balloon festival in Danville a few times and you have to boondock on the airport grounds. Other than that and a couple of odd places, we don't do much. I wouldn't mind finding a place or two that is more scenic than the airport...

Eric
Eric congratulations on the new rig! Happy Trails!
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 05:02 PM   #13
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Eric -

One of the advantages of being married to a Native Coloradoan is they know all of the really neat places to boondock. We have had a few beautiful campsites in Colorado and Wyoming. Something we don't get in Illinois. We camped last summer on the 4th of July by ourselves along a stream 5 miles from a natural hot spring. It was really wonderful. We were only 20 miles from Jackson, Wy.