Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2015, 07:58 AM   #1
Dfuss

M.O.C. #17431
Montana 3711RL question

We are thinking about purchasing a 3711RL. With the front living room. Does anyone recommend this model or do you have experience with it? Why do you or do not recommend this model? We are also considering the extended warranty. Do you feel it is necessary with this model?

Dfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:52 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
IMO the extended service plan is necessary with any RV.. Check the replacement cost on things that may go bad..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:46 AM   #3
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
I think others have opinions, and I normally do not purchase extended warranties, but we were sold one when we purchased our rig, and it has close to paid for itself with getting a new fridge cooling unit installed. In hindsight, I would have waited until the factory warranty was close to ending, then would have purchased one on my own. Now, we are positioned to be able to start putting away a fund to self warranty our rig, which we will do as the warranty expires. It can be a hassle dealing with the warranty companies, and there is also the unknown if one is still in business when you need it.

As far as the model rig you are looking at, it's like buying a truck or car, whatever makes you happy and fits your needs, is the right one. Good luck and safe travels with whatever you decide on. The only big thing to consider is getting the G range tires instead of the 10 ply Chinese tires right away.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 01:05 PM   #4
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Wait till your original factory warranty is near up then shop for an extended warranty ... the dealer will pressure you into signing on to one during the closing of the sale sighting they have the best deal around and you'll never see another like it .... BS. You'll find just as good a deal near a year later ... several of us can attest to this. Remember ... the dealer gets $$$ for selling you an extended warranty ... it's more moola for him on top of the sale of the RV.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:51 AM   #5
steiny93
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17461
we just took delivery of a 3711 this spring; first trip was last weekend

for reference: we came from the toyhauler camp; our last trailer was a cyclone 3950
The 3711 has significantly more storage then the 3950; the front living room is very comfortable to lounge around in and watch a movie after a long day (we use our trailer as a base to atv out of). From the complaints side, the light switch location in the bathroom is silly (issue on all the floor plans with that style of bath). Even tho it has greater grey capacity than the 3950 the shower fills up sooner. To get into anything within the 3711 you have to open a slide.

All in all; we absolutely love the 3711; so far it works very well for us (family of 3 with 1 dog and a pile of atvs)

This is my 4th new rv; I haven't bought extended on any of them. If I would have I would have lost money on the extended; all have been very trouble free once the initial bugs were worked out during warranty.
steiny93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:49 AM   #6
cw3jason
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17256
We love our 3711! We have used it 3 times since April and have another trip planned for next weekend. I did have a couple minor issues as with any trailer, but I was able to correct all of them myself. I do have it at the dealer right now to get the 3 cable slides adjusted. experianced a little cable stretch and they do not fully open and compress the seals all the way around in the full open position. I would have adjusted them myself, but you have to remove the top trim to get to the adjustments and I did not want to worry about damaging it. I also wrote a topic on the residential fridge and the inverter you may want to read. just do a search for it. Enjoy and good luck with your decision.
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote