Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2005, 08:17 AM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
My Montana is at the NEW dealer

Made the 90 mile trip to the new dealer this morning.All went well,still have the roof.The wood tip NJ HILLYBILLY gave me worked like a charm.The dealer was their waiting our arrival.What a difference in this new dealer then my selling dealer.Its like going from Burger King to a 5 star restaraunt.Very very professional.They were very surprized that a 2001 model was under warrenty.Right then and their they made a call to Keystone to verify.And of course it was.I told them every thing and they put it all on a computer.They said the first thing they will do is take pictures of every thing and send them off to Keystone.

I`am having them do a "seal Test"which is they pressurize the Montana from the inside with this machine and a RV tech on the outside sprays soapy water over the entire rig.If their is leaks-bubbles will show this.the cost of course is out of pocket for me at 90 bucks.but I think its well worth it.And if leaks do show up thats out of pocket cost to Keystone.I really have a good feeling about this dealership.It was luch when I got their and their RV techs were sitting out eating lunch-all 10 of them.Its not a small operation.They said because of the fiberglass cap seperating that they would bring it in from outside to be out of the elements.Thought that was very considerate.The service manager-a really nice guy said depending on what they find when they get into the possible frame damage.that it could up here quite some time.I told him take your time no need to rush on my account.I said to him that i want things done right this time and if it takes awhile that is fine by me.He told me that they would like to have it completed in a timely fashion,as we don`t want to hold up a service bay for ever.I`am also having them install a washer/dryer combo(vented) while its up their.The service manager said from their experiences with Keystone that they do take care of HIS customers.He then said"i wish I could say the same for us" meaning the dealership He started laughing.I really belive I am seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.Hopefully i`am right on this insight.

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:30 AM   #2
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
HDRDR,

Great news. I'm glad it went so well,

We feel the same way about our Dealer. It's realy nice to be dealing with class people.

Hope you get your rig back soon, all fixed up to your satisfaction.

Happy Camping

azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:31 AM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Dealers can make or break your soul! Any one with a new RV can tell you that!

Good luck Harleyrider, glad it went so smooth!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:33 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Sounds like a dealer I may want to know.
Will be back in the Reading area this summer so I just might want to look them up.
Do they have a website or you cam PM their name and address to me.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:50 AM   #5
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Glen & Lorraine

The name of the dealer is "Parkview RV Center"they are located in Delaware.The web site is the same as their name.www.parkviewrvcenter.com
Old 01-03-2005, 10:56 AM   #6
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
OPPS

try this link guys.www.parkviewrv.com
Old 01-03-2005, 02:17 PM   #7
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Good luck harleyrider. We have our fingers crossed that everything works out for you. We also took ours into the dealer today for the first time. Hoping our dealer comes through for us also. Keep us posted on how things go.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 02:50 PM   #8
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Harley, that is good news and I hope they put your Monty in top notch condition for you. Keep us posted on your progress. Good luck !!!!
Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 02:59 PM   #9
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Great harleyrider, we hope that all goes the way it should have at your selling dealer. I hope when all is done to your satisfaction that you contact your selling dealer and let them know that you have been satisfied by another dealer and that you have told all of us about it. Keep in touch and let us know how it is going.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:26 PM   #10
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Thanks guys and gals for all your kind words.And words of encouragement.They had asked where I bought my Montana,and when I told them the look on their face was priceless.They knew this dealer and his lack of service ability.I said well you guys are my NEW dealer and the other place is history.They smiled.

Its kind of funny that with all the problems i`am having with my Montana,that I really feel so good about it getting fixed right now.I just have this gut feeling this the new dealer has their stuff together.Its a class A operation.Thanks so much for your kind words.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:21 AM   #11
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Harley,
I'd bet you could write an interesting article about dealer selection and problem solving that might get published in some of the RV magazines. Something like, "How to get results when things go wrong." Trusting that things go well moving forward.

If I were doing an article like this, I would focus on the people issues and the problem solving techniques rather than manufacturer bashing.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 06:41 PM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Harley Rider
Two questions:

Have you told Keystone about your problems with your selling dealer?

How much is your dealer charging you for installing the washer/dryer?

Does that include the washer/dryer or did you buy it somewhere else?

Hope all goes well with your new dealer. Sounds like a good one but he is 3,000 away from us.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 11:35 PM   #13
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Ed and Sue

This i did call Keystone and voiced my displeasure with my selling dealer.Told them what their dealership looked like,they seemed surprized.And had no problem for me going else where for warrenty work.The dealer is ordering the washer/dryer/for me threw threw parts department.Out the door the whole 9 yards with purchase and install(vented)is $1100 bucks.camping World sells them for a little under a thousand,so thought 100 and some wasn`t bad for install.