Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
ugh
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12545
Gallery button

In my 2006 3500RL Monte, there is a gauge where you push to see what level of fluids for each tanks, but what is gallery for? Forgive me for this silly question, but its new to me. I know I have three tanks; grey, black, and fresh water tank. So, I could not figure out what gallery is for and for which tank.

ugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I believe your trailer has three holding tanks. The black tank and the shower / bathroom tank and the Galley holds the kitchen water.
Someone with a 3500 will come along and tell you exactly where the release handle is. I would suggest looking between the two tires on the driver side.

Good luck.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
I have a 3400, my kitchen tank says GALLEY so I don`t know what gallery would be.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
ugh
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12545
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by helmick

I have a 3400, my kitchen tank says GALLEY so I don`t know what gallery would be.
I guess my button has a misprint.
ugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
denandannie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11789
As said, look behind the wheels on the drivers side. Its a nice accessible place. What were Keystone designers thinking? I think they had their heads up their proverbial holding tank on this one.

Also, you may need to tighten the nut for the handle. Its probably loose.
denandannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
You have FOUR tanks in a 2006 3500RL. 1) The large fresh tank, 2) the gray tank for the lavatory & shower, 3) the gray tank for the kitchen sink (AKA GALLEY), and finally 4) the Black tank.

The release handle for the gray (bathroom) tank and the black tank are inside the driver's side double doors to the large storage area - these should be labeled. The release handle for the galley tank is also on the driver's side rear tire, but a little bit under the rig (between the kitchen and LR slides) - this one may not be labeled. WARNING!!! NEVER EVER pull any of these handles unless you are connected to a sewer drain!! Black tank goes first, then after flushing the back tank clean follow up with either gray tank first so these then, clean the pipes from any black tank debris. I'm guessing you already know this.

While we're at it, the drain for the fresh water tank is towards the rear of and under the rig by the spare tire. Look for a plastic water hose that drops downward and has a screw-on cap. I added a ball valve to control the flow - I got this idea from the MOC.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote