Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2010, 03:17 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Rear carrier and bike rack combo

I need a place for my Grill, 2 Genny's, and our 2 bikes... OK maybe a spare case of Corona, so I am making a combo receiver hitch and bike carrier.
I will weld a small receiver on to the carrier for my small bike holder I made, that will 'piggy back' on the center of the carrier.
When we are camped, I can remove the bike carrier and use it with the truck for day trips and bike riding.
I did the measuring, and think it will work. I am picking up the parts this morning. It will have a license plate holder, stop and running lights.

If it doesn't work out come back and delete this post...

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:27 AM   #2
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
What you might do, Ozz, is build a back porch on the back of your rig and construct a "basement" to go with it...then you can store all of that stuff, and TWO cases of Corona, with room to spare! What do you think?
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:24 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hmmmm,
I really like those one-wheel swivel trailers, or even the two wheel ones that track real good, but don't want to pull anything else, also the small tire concerns me, I would always be worrying it would blow.
I would love to have a $500,000 class 'A', just so I could carry all my tools and pull a car trailer. (Full of welders Plasma cutters and 'guy stuff'.)
Old 12-09-2010, 07:35 AM   #4
sfish
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10234
I am waiting for the day you decide to put a swimming pool in the Monty!
sfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:14 AM   #5
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
I have come to the conclusion that in 6 months someone will be able to buy (from Ozz) a fully modified Montana. He will have run out to things to do and he will have a new one to which he will start modifying it. Something to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Mike, I would hate to start all over again! I am not getting any younger, hurts more when I try and get up off the floor after fixing something, and I can't see as good as I used to. Ha! sometimes I have two pair of reading glasses on at the same time to read small numbers...
And I have made it a point to ignore the total $$ I have spent on the old girl. ahh, the Monte, not Sweet Sue.