Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2004, 11:16 PM   #21
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sue,
I would be leaving that truck at your dealership forever. Sounds to me like it is time for a change. I think your other tow vehicle is what I would be looking at. My friend has his Ford going in on Thursday for the "update". Will let you know how his comes out. Good luck, I do hope you get this problem solved quick.

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 02:26 AM   #22
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Oh Ya,
I forgot to mention that it also doesn't want to start. I didn't notice this because the dealer brought it up to the door for me, I hopped in, took off home, kept it running while loading the truck, then got to the barn, kept it running while hooking up and loading the horses, wasn't until we stopped at a drive thru, turned it off so they could hear me, and it didn't want to start.

Turned it off again when we got to the horse show after unloading and same thing.

Blah, Blah, Blah
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 07:38 AM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sue, although I've always had far better luck with Fords being pretty much trouble-free than anything I've ever driven (and I'm sure others can speak to the opposite) I have to agree with Montana Sky. It's time for Ford to do something about this. There is a buy back program for lemon type situations. I know a guy who went through the process in the front of the manual, went before the board, and they bought it back, giving him a very good deal. He then bought another Ford and has been very happy with this one. Some of the early ones with this engine had some problems, as did the other brands when their engines were new (they also did buybacks). In your situation I think I'd be looking for Ford to buy this one back. I don't think you'd be obligated to buy another Ford if you didn't want to.

Mine is also an early model and had its problems with stalling. But that seems to be fixed and at 41,000 miles I'm very pleased with it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 05:33 PM   #24
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Hey Sis, I'm up here on the property trying to catch up on the forum. Should I be requesting another employee/family discount certificate? Let me know via e-mail or try our cells...particularily Dick's. We can't get a signal at the campground but pretty much every where else we can. Just about to log off an go watch this gorgeous sunset over the mountains.

Loving this trip but it's going by way too fast.

We finally got the vacuum installed. It was quite a feat for us. I LOVE IT!

Toodle Loo!

Love you tons,
Patty

Ps. I would call you right now but it's 11:36 p.m. where you are. Maybe tomorrow? Hugs!
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 04:01 AM   #25
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
She was talking about her husband's GMC being good and her FORD sucks.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bob Pasternak

Sue, haven't you figured out GMC means "Garage Man's Companion" yet"??? :-) Get past the warranty and it changes to "Get More Cash"!!!
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 04:12 AM   #26
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
I'm so sorry Sue you are having to go thru this!!! I went thru the lemon law stuff here in MN and it was a total waste of time! They didn't do anything for me just shrugged their shoulders and the dealership said we will try to fix it and left it at that. They put us in mediation and that was all they did so I hope they will do better for you in your state than they did for me and mine. And it was on my Acura car, not my truck.

As for the dealership not giving a rats behind, I would be really making a stink! I would contact the GM of the dealership and tell them what is going on, I can pretty much guarantee they will so something about your problem becasue they don't want the bad press. When I was out looking for trucks, I stopped in at the Chevy dealership to look around and I was by myself, hubby wasn't with me. I was basically told that I was a woman, go lay by my dish and my opinion didn't matter and neither did my time. Needless to say I went to the Dodge dealer and bought my $43,000 truck by myself and then sent the GM a letter telling then what happened. I got a phone call from the GM and he was just about begging me to come in and they would give me the best deal of my life. Too little, too late and I hope the 2 idiots that I dealt with were fired.

Good luck to you... I hope all is well.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 11:15 AM   #27
Montana_107
Established Member

M.O.C. #107
I guess I'm confused, what kind of truck does Montana Sue have? A Ford or a GMC, the signatures say General Motors.

Just confused
Montana_107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 01:27 PM   #28
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
fknipfer

one of each !!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:25 AM   #29
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
Montana Sue has a Ford and a GM product. She doesn't have any TRUCKS!!!
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 03:18 AM   #30
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
Sue; You asked earlier if I loved my Dodge and I forgot to answer. As my profile says; I bought a Cummins engine, it just came wrapped in a Dodge. Now that I've had it for over a year and towed our 2955RL all over the west and southwest with it, I'd not hesitate to get another; in fact it's the only one I'd consider. Especially with the new 600 in it. In this site you'll find reviews of all of the big pickups. It would also help my decision. http://www.edmunds.com/new/type/truc...ntent.num2.1.*
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 01:56 PM   #31
Montana_781

M.O.C. #781
Sue, Just read your message. We were on our way to Life on Wheels earler this month and while pulling our Montana 3280 up Snoqualmie Pass on I-90 heard a loud bang. As I am completely new to diesels (we have a 2004 F350 PSD with only 3500 miles) I had no clue as to what the problem might be and wound up having it towed back to the dealer in Kirkland. My first class at Life on Wheels as luck would have it was on diesel trucks and I discovered that others in the class had had the same problem with their Ford diesels. Apparently this is an ongoing problem with Ford diesels. My dealer reattached the hose and torqued all of the other hoses. Hopefully I will not experience the continuing problems that you have experienced. Good luck with your truck.
Montana_781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 04:31 AM   #32
Flastro
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1393
This has been an issue with the 04 Fords, late 03 early 04 they switched from an aluminum pipe and boots to a plastic pipe. The plastic pipe does not hold the boot as securely as the aluminum one, im sure its due to distortion of the plastic, Fords fix right now is to remove the pipes, thoughrly clean them, sand (rough up) the plastic pipe, clean it with a componet cleaner (brake kleen) and reinstall while properly torqueing the clamp. Some have also used hair spray on the connections to make the pipe sticky when the boot is installed. If the process is done correctly, you should not have any future problems. You can also ask/request the older version with the aluminum pipe be installed. maybe the dealer will do so. my 04 has the aluminum pipe with constant torque clamps. I check them every time im under the hood. For what its worth, its not an uncommon issue with the heavy duty diesels either, Cat, Cummins and Detroit have all dealt with it. As munufactures strive for more Horsepower from the engines, Turbo boost pressures increase, The pipes and clamps will hold up if properly installed, if they are slapped together and the clamps not torqued properly, failure will be Immanent . Good Luck
Flastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 09:10 AM   #33
Montana_1615

M.O.C. #1615
Sue: My bro-law had same problem on his 99 F250 while enroute to the Smokies several years ago. Limped on in to a Ford dealer in Sevierville, Tn. Service manager knew what had happened before even seeing the truck. If memory is correct, mgr. told him that if even a tiny drop of oil gets under the hose to the turbo, all heaven's angels couldn't hold the hose on the engine. Within 15 minutes, he had the problem fixed and no more problems have since happened. You can email him at "f_noble@bellsouth.net " if you are still having problems. He babies his truck; only uses it for towing a few X per year. My 01 250 (7.3 turbo) has not had the problem so it may be yet to occur, or something Ford has rectified. Good luck!
Montana_1615 is offline   Reply With Quote