Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2009, 11:09 AM   #41
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Robbie, at the 2006 Goshen rally I took a couple of back and forths to get ours in the site correctly. Next day, here comes Montana Sky with his 3400 and proceeds to back perfectly into his site next to me on the first try. He didn't even have to move the rig after stopping the truck. I was impressed. The guy is good.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #42
hoserwv
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7711
Can someone explain the s manuever? I always hold the bottom of the wheel and turn the direction i want 5er to go, then follow her in. Even works when i have a tight spot and jack knife it in.
hoserwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #43
electryc_monk
Established Member

M.O.C. #9362
Send a message via Yahoo to electryc_monk
I admit I went to the last page in thread to see *where topic has swung too(swayed to etc).....

(smirks) I am remembering a sticker on the concave mirrors on the ole Freightshakers: G.O.A.L. in red letters (in some trucks the letters have the word in smaller text below it: Get Out And Look.

One significant benefit that Pk-up's have over refer's, dryvan's, tankers, loaded skateboards, and loaded parkin'-lots is that you aren't really "blind-siding" it... you get to *cheat* and look over your shoulder out the windows and under the nose of the trailer too (at the other helper walking).

I haven't looked at the previous pages so this thought will be edited down....

Finding a super box store, super wally-world, truck stop that is very empty, or old stipe mall with alot or room between light poles and near zero cars in it.

Take a couple laundry jugs, vinegar jug, or if your lucky *borrow* a few cones from a construction friend for a while. Max needed? 4. Minimum needed ? 2.

Min 2 for the front point of the slot and the other for the same side rear. $ for the same spots on the drivers side of the slot your aiming for.

Like the others have said... once you've done it enough(slowly) you WILL *see* the arch that your trailer will always take and can mentally mark off how far forward of the slot you need to pull forward before the R(ace) gear is selected. LOL

have fun and be patient with yourself and others and be willing to laugh at your mistakes... I still do!
electryc_monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:50 AM   #44
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
Robbi: I wasn't aware one was supposed to take more than one shot at backing these things. As a matter of fact, I seldom do a 'one shot' backing maneuver, especially if someone is watching. But thanks for the compliment.
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote