Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2009, 09:33 AM   #1
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
Neat inauguration pic.:

Upper Lh picture is guidance pad .

A NASA image capturing technology developed to take unique wide-angle High Definition pictures on Mars was used at the recent inauguration.

Click on the site below to see the HD picture taken with a robotic camera at 1,474 mega pixel. (295 times the standard 5 mega pixel camera). Zoom in ('double-click' an area) ....and watch it focus. Then zoom some more... and wait for focus.
What a surveillance tool this is , up close and personal , I'll bet you could use this to guide a cruise missle ?

Have fun exploring the who-was-who, gestures, seating arrangements, etc. at the inauguration : )

http://gigapan.org/viewGigapanFullsc...648c2b4b06233c

Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Bob,

That is amazing!

Makes you wonder who else could be watching.

Thanks!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
My first thought is, I have a long long long wish list of places I would like photographed with that technology! WAHHOOO

Second thought is, there are a LOT of really COLD BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR people in that photo. Some of them are really huddled down and bundled up! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:50 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I think I saw a piece of "lint" on one of the uniforms!!!!!

Nice photo.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
And they can't find Osama Bin Laden?????????
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #6
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Satellite Technology. Big brother is watching you!
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #7
EagleRunner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5255
An interesting photo trick. Take a scan out to the camera stageing area and look under it and to the right of it. There are two legs walking on the sidewalk without a body.

EagleRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:44 AM   #8
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Tom and Nancy,

You must be talking about these legs!!

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:39 AM   #9
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Look across the fence and a little down from those legs, and you will see half of a man. Look past the band, and you will see a girl in a lavender colored coat with half of a head.

Something is goofy here .
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:34 AM   #10
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
CNN gave a fairly detailed explanation of how this composite picture worked. Apparently it is made up of thousands of individual pictures. They use some sort of central reference point and create the large picture. Then when you zoom or click on any part of the larger picture you get some of the individual pics. A creative way to do pics for sure. And of course it is all controlled by a powerful computer. Very interesting process.

Wish I'd paid more attention when they were going over the details!

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #11
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

If that technology is available for the public to have access to; what does the Gov. have that they aren’t telling us about?

Old 02-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #12
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
In jest, I mentioned to my son, I would LOVE to have this technology, within seconds he zipped this web site back to me.

Acutally, I was surprised it is not more $$

http://www.gigapansystems.com/
Old 02-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #13
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Have you "googled" an address of someone or somewhere lately and viewed what is called the "street view". I've been showing people how to do it and it is quite shocking to some people to see their own home as if they are standing in front of it observing it from a "street view". Anyone with a computer can "google" your house address and see it.

Not every place is available on it, sometimes the address is off a few homes and some of the views are up to 1-1/2 years old. But I've only run across two addresses that I was interested in viewing that weren't available... yet. But they will be. Google is quite literally photographing the world and it's just a matter of time before they accomplish it.

Go ahead and try it. Google your own address.

I showed a couple of other MOC members today via phone calls how to do it and they are probably still in front of their computers "googling" anyone they can think of. It's addicting and shocking at the same time.

Margee.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:58 AM   #14
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
All my research friends believe I am MAP ADDICTED. I love maps, old ones, new ones, google ones and the street view at google. I believe that some of the other online map sites also have this available. I have even been able to get some satelitte close ups of cemeteries that would amaze you. I am teaching about it tomorrow evening at our local genealogy club. I have a cemetery in Atlanta Georgia that you can zoom in on enough to see a funeral tent set up, ready for a funeral service. Amazing. (That is satellite view, NOT street view, but still! wowie) I was also able to find a view of the gate/entrance to the cemetery with the street view.

Just yesterday I found a city park, it was named after a fellow I am researching. With street view I was able to get a decent photo of it (wide angle too!! ) and not even travel there.

I find the street view and the satellite view very useful for future research trips, I will already have a photo, or series of maps/photos that SHOW me what this looks like.

Sorry, off subject a bit.