Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2008, 04:39 AM   #21
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
So as we continue to fill in the blank spaces where facts are lacking with gobbledy gook - are we to now assume these transient campground jobless invaders are actually cold Candadians? Or is it still just a thief.

I would suggest that the loss of a power cord leads to nothing more than a theft - not a sign of a changing world.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:25 PM   #22
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
bsmeaton: I am not sure why you feel the need to always reply with hostility or sarcasm to anyone who so dares not be in agreement with your thoughts? Like it or not we are all entitled to our own opinions and are free to express them in a courteous manor which we will continue to do! It is obvious that we do not share the same views, get over it, that's what makes conversation between people so interesting. I believe the world is a changing right before our eyes like none of us has ever seen and crime is and will further increase as people become more desperate. We all should count our blessings that we are not in such dire straits as many, but still maintain some compassion for our fellow man.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:33 PM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Darwin...You are a good man....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:00 PM   #24
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Depends; which Darwin?
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:08 PM   #25
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Darwin,

No hostility intended, and I don't appreciate being called out for expressing my disagreement with you, but perhaps this changing world is affecting you more so than me so who am I to judge.

I'll stick to technical stuff. You guys can carry on with the sky falling stuff.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:51 AM   #26
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
I hope your insurance will cover the cord. Had some copper theives by us at a large Electric substation that is under construction. The men got caught this week. Most of them worked for the company and were working overtime and weekends. Camgrounds need to go to security cams in all areas of the park. The systems are cheap and if you mix in phony cams with the real ones, it confuses the bad guys. Park owners could also put up the "Park under 24 hour camera survailence" signs which will also help to keep out the bad guys. I try to stay away from parks that have year round lots that are always occupied as a permanent house. I am on the local zoneing and planning board and we have three large parks in out township. The parks can have a certain percentage of permanent sites but they cannot be "occupied" as a permanent residence.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:25 AM   #27
up2nogood
Established Member

M.O.C. #8293
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

So as we continue to fill in the blank spaces where facts are lacking with gobbledy gook - are we to now assume these transient campground jobless invaders are actually cold Candadians? Or is it still just a thief.

I would suggest that the loss of a power cord leads to nothing more than a theft - not a sign of a changing world.
True story, I work in the steel fabrication business. I cannot begin to tell you how many copper welding leads I have had to replace because of theft. Literally thousands of feet, with most being 50-100 foot long. One night we lost all our ground cables,and most of our leads. could not put any welders to work that morning until we made up new leads and ground cables. Since then we have installed security cameras, and have had no problems,leading us to believe that is was an employee. Bitting the hand that feeds them. As you said this is theft not the signs of a changing world.

On edit after reading some more of the above replies this has been going on at the plant I work at for over 40 years, not a sign of the changing times, still just theft.
up2nogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:28 AM   #28
KathyandDave
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
For those who want to stay plugged in to shore power to keep the fridge and other small-demand items running while away from their beloved Monty's, you can make a short adapter from your 50A trailer connector to a 15A plug and use an ordinary extension cord for the long run. If it gets stolen, it's not such a problem as if the anaconda goes missing. If the trailer has a 30A connection, then an ordinary bone adapter will do the trick.
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:21 AM   #29
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good tip!
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote