Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Friendship, one maybe two

We go through life meeting people, some we feel a kinship with, some we look for the exit after meeting them. The old saying, ‘Be careful, and don’t make eye contact’ has merit in some cases.
All of us want to have a ‘best friend‘, best friends can not be easily connected with.
If you are actively looking for this friendship, the chances are, that you will meet much hardship and disappointment.
Best friends are rare and happen upon with chance.
My best friend is a brilliant man named Bob Manske. I met Bob by chance, through working on his air conditioner at his home.
He is the smartest and most intuitive person I have ever met. Upon our first meeting, and into our growing friendship, which was not calculated, much like a seed cast upon the ground, it took a natural course. In these cases, it grows and blossoms, or it dies.
Wouldn’t we love to have the recipe for this?
We could cultivate a multitude of best friends, just follow the written directions…
That’s not how it works.
We must give to them, without asking anything in return. We must be there for them, not knowing why we do, what or why the reason we commit to them.
Maybe it is a personality trait, maybe a flaw in our personality that some take advantage of, some see as weakness, or some see as a strength that they admire and respect.
If we achieve this nirvana , you have this golden prize.
If we are extremely lucky, we will have, at our demise, the one or two friends in our lifetime we can call true.
Work at it, the reward is priceless.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:30 PM   #2
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Ozz you are a very wise man. I have had one very special friend he got me started rving in 1989. he was the most agravating person I had ever seen he got me up at 6am when we were on vacation always had a list of things to do. Laughed all the time he passed away in 2002 I will never forget him. It is still hard to think about him. thanks for bringing this up. I hope everyone has at least one like him. Sorry for rambling on it just got me to thinking. thanks agian bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Bobby, you are a lucky man. Keep his thoughts in your heart, he will live within your memories, and be there for you when you need a friend, even now. I can't help but think he would mirror your thoughts about you, if the situation were reversed.
Stay safe
Old 03-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #4
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Ozz,

My dad told me years ago when I was about 12 years old( just a couple) that you will meet many people in your life. Out of those people you will make friends, but if you can count on more than one hand, your best friends in your life you are blessed. I have found that his words have held so very true over the years. I still have fingers unused on my first hand.

I think best friends are like an investment. They give you a great return with time invested. I treasure each and every moment with friends as well as the best friends. All of the encounters make up the memories of my life.

I will always treasure the Segway tour with you guys in Austin. We talk about it often, and hope that when you venture in our area again you will come out to our place for dinner. We would love to show you a little bit of the Hill Country without the traffic.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:35 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Colleen, thanks for the nice thoughts, and wise words. We will be headed back up that direction and a stay, in the Austin area. We just extended our time here by at least 2 weeks maybe more. Just can't bear to leave our Paradise here yet. Should be the Middle or end of April. Hope you will be in-between cruises so we can get together.
Ozz