Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2007, 05:46 AM   #1
osofine
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7471
Send a message via AIM to osofine
Want to add air horns - any recommendations?

We want to add air horns - but where do you put them? With so much under the hood I'm not sure there is room for them and the compressor. Do you honk them by pulling a lanyard? or flipping a switch, or pushing a button? Mount on top of truck? (too overboard?)
I really want the guy that is about to cut me off to know I am one big rig and don't even think about it. I am terrified some joker will pull out in front of me and I won't be able to stop. They do it to me all the time just driving the truck - I fell like I must be driving a Ranger, or I look like one to them, so just cut me off. I want to sound big.
Any suggestions would be welcome. All I have found is Hadley so far.

osofine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:17 AM   #2
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Ozz should be here shortly; if not you might PM or email him. He has added a compressor, air tank, and horns to his new Ford already and has pictures of his setup on line (you might search for his posts as well until he replies). As for horns, he also had a link to some -- big, loud, and I imagine, $$$$. (But for our toys what are a few $$$$$ (or so my wife chides me!!)).
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:32 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Sherry, I share your concern. I will dig up some pictures for you.
Actually, you can click on Ozz's Mods on my Sig. page and they are in there.
Come back if you have any more questions. Hadley's are what I have; 130 DB. Hard to buy any louder ones without serious money and more air compressor power-bigger tanks. I have a foot mounted button I got at an auto parts store, I mounted it on a bracket on the floor to the left of my brake.
The horn mounting is under the truck, as you will see in my pictures. The tank comes with the Hadley set up. J.C. Whitney is very competitive, I got mine there.
Welcome to the Forum, you have a nice setup. Where do you travel?
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:53 PM   #4
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
I ahve the Hadley Ambassadors. I made brackets for them and attached them to the frame under the truck. The horns are under the drivers area, the air tank is mounted up under the passenger side. The compressor is mounted under the hood where the jack would go. I just hooked them up to the regular horn on the steering wheel.You can see them in my pictures.