Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
list price

Inquiring minds want to know. Is there anyplace Keystone or a dealer provides a list of msrp costs for base models and options?

I never found such a list when I shopped for my 2006 and hand to visit dealers and RV shows to get pricing info.

Thanks to all
Gene

genecurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:50 PM   #2
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
rv dealers are not like the car or truck industry they try to keep all info to them selves and hope you don't know but just buy it i don't think it speaks highly of the industry in general as all mafg do it this way , from big coaches to tent campers john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Gene, if you go to Crowderrv.com located in Johnson City TN, you will see a salesman, Billy Roberts listed on their website. I was at their center last week and met Billy Roberts. You can either send him an email via their webpage or call him. He was extremely forthcoming in costs, optional item costs list, etc.

Noticed you're from TN but not sure how far it would be for you to go there, but I don't believe you'd have to if I read Billy Roberts correctly. He seemed very open and helpful to my wife and I as we are looking to purchase a Montana, but not yet decided on model, etc.

Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:33 AM   #4
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
What I was told by our dealer; Keystone sets prices dealers can advertise.(internet, paper, etc.) If you contact dealer, he can then quote you a lower price. If they advertise a lower price, they will be reprimanded by Keystone, and can eventually loose their franchise. IIRC, our dealer said he had two letters from Keystone for advertising too low of prices on the internet. This may all be BS, but that is what I was told.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:09 AM   #5
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
The list or price options I cited in original post was MSRP from Keystone, for each model and then it lists the options one may want to consider or add, also MSRP. From the MSRP, the buyer then would negotiate and as some have advised in other posts on negotiating, a rule of thumb could be to start at 40% from the Total MSRP figured. With that advice, I have gotten quotes thus far in the 27-30% range from two very reputable RV Sales locations in the US. I have not, as yet, gone back and made any counter offers or requests. I am of the mind that while I live in Florida, I would travel to pick up a unit if such offer were at least 30%. Many Florida RV sales tend to quote much higher and then it's "buyer beware" and some dealers just don't put you through that kind of drill. One very large Florida RV dealer doesn't seem to know anything beyond 18% below MSRP. I'm just not willing to pay that!
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:01 AM   #6
Eagle Man
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7430
My dealer gives all buyers a list on an 8 x 11 sheet of paper. It contains all models and all options and their MSRP. The buyer checks the one (s) he/she wants, totals the MSRP, then the dealer gives 'his' price.
Eagle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:19 AM   #7
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
THanks to all. Mail2us (Dennis) Johnson City is just a phone call away. Wish I was going to the Fall ralley.
Gene
genecurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:10 PM   #8
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
Just my opinion, but if I could not get a MSRP in writing to compare with other dealers, I sure would question if this dealer is worth dealing with.
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:30 PM   #9
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
All I did was ask my dealer for a copy of his MSRP and he gave it to me. It included the price for all options. Get a copy and go from there.

Dick
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #10
quarrles
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7626
I think you'll find just about the best you'll do is 27-30% off MSRP one a new, current year model Montana. Good place to check might be Edmund's or one of the other non-trade websites for last years models current values. If unit is a "leftover" try 40-50% off MSRP.
Good lock...J
quarrles is offline   Reply With Quote