Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2023, 11:05 AM   #41
jim65

M.O.C. #31823
Hi I'm sorry I didn't get back on the forum.
I loosened the cables off and removed the pulleys.The screws are self tapping metal screws.
where each hole was I used a 3/4" hole saw and cut away the thin fibre board exposing the Aluminum.
I purchase a threaded rivet nut tool and kit. Drill the holes out to the correct insert size.
I used 1/4"x 3/4" nuts. The tool compresses the rivet tightly into the hole.
reinstalled pulleys and brackets and bolted up using 1/4" machine bolts.
Watch some u tube video's on how to set up and adjust slider cables.

jim65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 02:30 PM   #42
Ironchungis

M.O.C. #33091
How did you mount the steel bracket? Did you just put the bolt through the wall anywhere or were there specific spots you had to put them? Also did you just mount the pulley system to the steel bracket or through the wall too? I just had the same thing happen to mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71234986530__2DF9D102-BCB9-4F81-9BEB-993AB45638BC.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	15095  
Ironchungis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 05:15 PM   #43
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchungis View Post
How did you mount the steel bracket? Did you just put the bolt through the wall anywhere or were there specific spots you had to put them? Also did you just mount the pulley system to the steel bracket or through the wall too? I just had the same thing happen to mine.
As JIM65 mentioned, Remove the existing bracket, removed that 1/8" of fiberwood board over the frame. Drill out existing holes for the steel bracket and install the rivnuts. Then reinstall the bracket making sure the bracket is touching the rivnuts. Might plan on putting a washer between the steel bracket and the rivnut. tighten the bolts but not over tighten.
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 08:03 PM   #44
NWCampers
Established Member

M.O.C. #29366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchungis View Post
Jim65 did it differently than we did so I’m not sure which way of fixing it you’re referencing but if you’re referencing the original fix of attaching the steel plate I predrilled the holes into the plate offset of the original holes that ripped out of the wall and made certain I was screwing it into the aluminum frame that is around the slide out. Then I attached the pulley to the steel plate going through the steel plate and also into the aluminum frame behind the plate. The strength comes from the oversize of the plate being anchored into a larger area of the frame. It has held strong without issue since the repair.