Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
Susan not Carl
Established Member

M.O.C. #8592
Quartzsite 2011 Creative Lanyard Making

Those of you here at the Quartzsite gathering have probably noticed all the wonderful lanyards some of the attendees have and wonder where they got them. After all, doesn't Quartzsite have everything you never knew you needed? Well, while you could possibly find lanyards in Q, most here made their own! They are relatively simple to construct and you don't have to be an experienced beader to do it. We have lots of volunteers to help and advise you in every facet of construction.

If you want to participate in this fun project, meet us Sunday at 10:00 AM out at the tent in the middle of the circle. Be sure to wear your name tag. We will get organized and travel into to town to purchase beads. We have a vendor who has worked with us the past two years to provide a wide selection of beads at a significant discount. We will need a few people to help drive the group to town and back. Our team of experienced beaders will come along to help you figure out what you need and assist in bead selection.

Then on Monday at 10:00 AM, we will gather in the circle and construct the lanyards. Once again, experienced beaders will be there to help in the construction.

You will be amazed at the inherent skills and artistic abilities you have and never knew about. Come join the group and build your own personalized lanyard so you too can be the envy of the next rally you attend!

Old 01-19-2011, 03:23 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Ok, I am in, for 2, CountryGuy wants one too!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Susan, Wayne and I have those lanyards you made for us at 7 Feathers hanging in sight so that every day we are reminded what a wonderful rally that was and what good friends we made there. Oh--I am very thankful for the beading fire that you and Pam lit in me, although sometimes Wayne gets a bit testy about the cost of supplies. (But then again, he surely loves to count that money coming in from what I sell.)

Wish we were there.
Carolyn
Old 01-24-2011, 08:03 AM   #4
Susan not Carl
Established Member

M.O.C. #8592
Yesterday we made the trip to Quartzsite to select beads. Today was the day to assemble them into personalized lanyards. We had a large group with a great mixture of new beaders and experienced ones.

I want to thank Pam, Joy T, Nila, Joy C, Roxanne, Joanna, Mina, and Phylis for their assistance in this fun event.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Enjoyed this very much, thank you all for helping and sharing!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wayne and Carolyn Mathews

Susan, Wayne and I have those lanyards you made for us at 7 Feathers hanging in sight so that every day we are reminded what a wonderful rally that was and what good friends we made there. Oh--I am very thankful for the beading fire that you and Pam lit in me, although sometimes Wayne gets a bit testy about the cost of supplies. (But then again, he surely loves to count that money coming in from what I sell.)

Wish we were there.
Carolyn
Carolyn, Sue wanted to see the post, she was reading about the hobbys when I saw her put her finger on your little 'bug' and laughed. She asked me if I saw the bug. Ha ha..
You got her good
Old 01-24-2011, 03:36 PM   #7
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Susan, it was great fun and we really appreciated all of the help given to the newbies.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
I agree with Pam. It was a lot of fun! Thank you so much!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #9
Susan not Carl
Established Member

M.O.C. #8592
As a postscript, here is a picture of the new lanyard owners and their personalized designs. Unfortunately it was late when we managed to take the picture (the social hours took precedence), but most everyone is recognizable.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:16 AM   #10
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Our special thanks Susan for the lanyard experience. It was fun and we will wear them proudly.
Closed Thread