Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2020, 11:41 PM   #81
Kiwi&Major

M.O.C. #25991
What I don't get is the panic buying of toilet paper. This is COVID-19 not HAVETOCRAP-19. We need to take this seriously. My sister is in the UK, my daughter in Korea. Both countries are locked down pretty tightly. We can't beat this by going half way. We are in state of emergency in Ontario

Kiwi&Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:26 AM   #82
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Interesting read on the effects of weather on the virus.

https://www.kxan.com/weather/weather...int-in-austin/
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:02 PM   #83
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Today Colorado has closed all state Campgrounds. Many federal Campgrounds in Colorado are also closed. Colorado is currently under a stay at home order except for essential purposes. Ironically, in Colorado, essential services includes liquor stores and cannabis stores. However, Colorado Parks and Wildlife advised me to go to Walmart to buy my additional parks pass. I’m confused. Didn’t take much. Stay safe everyone.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:15 PM   #84
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffba View Post
Interesting read on the effects of weather on the virus.

https://www.kxan.com/weather/weather...int-in-austin/

We have our fingers crossed, but don’t let your guard down.
We still hear people say things like:
A guy at the post office’ it’s just the flu
Or a nurse ‘it’s just something new.

Please don’t believe anything but what the health profession and the scientific community says.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:12 PM   #85
hblosser
Established Member

M.O.C. #17274
Myrtle Beach Closed

I just received a letter from Ocean Lakes Campground in Myrtle Beach. Horry County has mandated all hotels and campgrounds to be closed March 28th through April 30th. Everyone must leave. We had reservations for Easter week, but have rescheduled for August.

2015 Montana 3610RL
2017 Chevrolet 3500HD High Country CC DRW 4WD Duramax/Allison
hblosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:16 AM   #86
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
I get it, the locals dont want others bringing it into their community. But how about letting people who are already there, shelter in place?
Look at what happens when you close and tell people get out...

Frightening cellphone 'heat map' shows coronavirus' potential spread as spring break revelers went home | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/tech/cellpho...ad-from-travel
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:01 AM   #87
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
I'm beginning to wonder about our so called experts and authorities.
I understand closing CG's to new guests but why make people leave that are sheltering there. They tell you to shelter in place, stay where you are and then throw campers out on the street. Why force people to move around and possibly spread this thing about.
My home base is upstate NY where many people from NYC have summer homes. Guess where they are all going? I spoke to my Brother in Law Fri and he told me all the summer homes are full. This usually doesn't happen till end of June. Locals are very concerned some may be carrying the virus to new locations.
Authorities need to consider all the consequences of the mandates they are handing out. Forcing RVer's to move all over the country is not a smart thing.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:28 AM   #88
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
I know what you mean Jim, when NYC order the shelter in place, thousands flocked to the Airports to get on the 192 flights per day to Florida, that's when the number started spiking in Florida.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:06 PM   #89
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Basically here in Eastern Washington the stores are out of most paper products and either out of or short of disinfectants. Food items are generally in decent supply. State, County and private campgrounds and hotels etc are closed or only open to long term RV renters. No fishing allowed, spring hunting on hold. Shelter in place orders by the governor except for groceries etc., no Dental or Endodonics unless emergency procedures. The essential list of workers expected to continue working is an extremely long list. Yes pot and liquor is considered essential although those things are also excessively taxed, probably just a coincidence. The Power Company that I work for restricted everyone except what they consider essential from reporting to work on 3-10-20. Everyone who could was expected to work from home for those that can and everyone else put on paid administrative leave. It has been a real dilemma in trying to continue to produce power and still follow the CDC rules. By the way rules and suggestions seem to be changing daily.
Good luck to everyone and all your family and friends. These are truly different and difficult times. Hopefully this ends sooner instead of later and I would really like to find out how this virus that originated in China actually got its start. The President and his administration seem to be trying to do what is right. I think that they are ahead of the curve compared to state governments. Thanks to all the essential people that continue to put their lives on the line for the rest of us.
Happy roads to you.

Tom Marty
Old 03-28-2020, 02:02 PM   #90
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
I'm beginning to think many people are just plain dumb!

I took my l trip to the dump/transfer station and never got within 15 feet of another person - but it wasn't easy. The place was packed and everyone seemed to be respecting other's space. I then decided to take a run up the town's two main roads, US Rt 9. Walmart's parking lot was more full of cars then any normal Saturday late morning, fast food doints drive thrus - long lines, Dunkin' Donuts - all the way around the building, local convenient store chain shops - full parking lots, Home Depot - dozens of cars. Do these people think they are immune?

This is NY State and my county, Saratoga - 96 reported cases. the next county South, Albany, 195 cases and the next West, Schenectady - 72 and who knows how many unreported cases. - until another time/day
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:24 PM   #91
Jester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25910
Hi Dave, I too call Saratoga county my home.
My wife and I have been spending the winter in Pasco county, Florida. We were going to start for home around May 1st. . But unless something happens to change for the good, I see no reason to go home . We’re in the middle of about 100 acres of horse ranches. No one else to speak with but the owner and his wife.
Food supply is still normal for now. Why should we leave.?
I’ll check with you before we decide to leave. Be safe.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:14 PM   #92
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283

You didn’t just figure that out, I hope.
Lynwood
Old 03-28-2020, 08:07 PM   #93
Sdgood1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23720
Just plainly not thinking

I live near a cemetery, and sadly they had another funeral yesterday. Whoever passed was very loved, and I’m sure will be missed. BUT there must have been 60-80 people, and they were all standing shoulder to shoulder? I would assume having a death would really make you think how fragile life can be. My prayers are for everybody, including the ones that aren’t thinking..

Steven & Denise
New to us 2014 3150RL
Chino Valley, AZ
Sdgood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:38 AM   #94
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hi Dave, I too call Saratoga county my home.
My wife and I have been spending the winter in Pasco county, Florida. We were going to start for home around May 1st. . But unless something happens to change for the good, I see no reason to go home . We’re in the middle of about 100 acres of horse ranches. No one else to speak with but the owner and his wife.
Food supply is still normal for now. Why should we leave.?
I’ll check with you before we decide to leave. Be safe.

You can do it the PM way if it's mostly about local stuff that no one else wants to hear about. Don't come home unless you have to.

My wife has been doing the grocery shopping via the internet and pickup at Price Copper and Hannaford without going into the store, the bags being delivered to the car. Everything is then sanitized when she gets it home plus she takes a shower. So far we have not been short of anything thogh did have to buy some butter at Stewart's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post

You didn’t just figure that out, I hope.
Lynwood

Lynwood, I've always tried to be an optimist when it comes to people and their actions. My personal balloon about them has been 'popped'
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:03 AM   #95
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post

I took my l trip to the dump/transfer station and never got within 15 feet of another person - but it wasn't easy. The place was packed and everyone seemed to be respecting other's space. I then decided to take a run up the town's two main roads, US Rt 9. Walmart's parking lot was more full of cars then any normal Saturday late morning, fast food doints drive thrus - long lines, Dunkin' Donuts - all the way around the building, local convenient store chain shops - full parking lots, Home Depot - dozens of cars. Do these people think they are immune?

This is NY State and my county, Saratoga - 96 reported cases. the next county South, Albany, 195 cases and the next West, Schenectady - 72 and who knows how many unreported cases. - until another time/day
Dave,
Thanks for the update. You're spot on when it comes to dumbness.
I'm in Jesters boat and will watch your reports as we near May 1.
Fulton Co last I heard had only 1 case but that will change I'm sure as all the down staters have come up to their summer homes. I can't really blame them but my nephew works at the local Top's grocery and it has been too crowded for him. He took unpaid leave till 4/15.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:47 AM   #96
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
If I worked for the public. I would make a point of wearing tyvek coveralls mask and gloves at work just to make people think about being in crowds, stores etc.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:16 AM   #97
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
In Virginia there were 99 cases reported on the 17 th and only 2 cases yesterday and 4 the day before. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel. Let’s just hope it isn’t a freight train dragging a cement truck.
Lynwood
Old 03-29-2020, 11:15 AM   #98
Jester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25910
Let’s just hope it isn’t a freight train dragging a cement truck. .?
I never heard that, ???
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:27 AM   #99
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
In defense of all the "stupid" people out there. I'm glad I served my country in the US Army for some time to "protect our way of life." I served to keep us all in a position where we CAN make stupid decisions! Their decisions may be stupid, but they are a testimony to the freedom we still hold dear in this country.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:31 AM   #100
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryles View Post
If I worked for the public. I would make a point of wearing tyvek coveralls mask and gloves at work just to make people think about being in crowds, stores etc.
You say that like the stuff is readily available.... all such materials are in very short supply. Lowly clerks simply cannot get this stuff. They are vulnerable to people acting like this is no big deal, like they are immune.

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote