Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2020, 11:54 AM   #1
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Traveling to/thru Texas

Any one traveling to or thru Texas be aware that COVID19 confirmed cases are hitting new highs almost daily. Along with hospitalizations also hitting new highs. And this is not due to more testing. The percentage of those testing positive is also increasing. Along with more younger people being affected.

Having said that, the state has "paused" its reopenings with the possibility of starting to shut some things back down. Just a caution to those planning to travel this direction. I know some other states are seeing similar increases.

Be safe out there. For yourself, your family, your friends, and everyone else.

BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 01:09 PM   #2
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
Very good PSA.
PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 01:57 PM   #3
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Everybody be careful no matter where you are. I know of six people who have had this disease. Three lived three didn’t.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 02:45 PM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Their prediction that warm weather would slow it down has failed. Many of the states seeing the greatest increases are southern and southwestern states. And US deaths over 120,000 and growing.
Old 06-25-2020, 03:12 PM   #5
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Any one traveling to or thru Texas be aware that COVID19 confirmed cases are hitting new highs almost daily. Along with hospitalizations also hitting new highs. And this is not due to more testing. The percentage of those testing positive is also increasing. Along with more younger people being affected.

Having said that, the state has "paused" its reopenings with the possibility of starting to shut some things back down. Just a caution to those planning to travel this direction. I know some other states are seeing similar increases.

Be safe out there. For yourself, your family, your friends, and everyone else.
Bill,

Thank you for your concern about our well fair. We have family in Houston, Temple, And near Dallas TX. We have been in touch with them and they have told us what's been going on. So we will be staying away from BIG "T" for a while.

46 years married (Dam I been in prison that long)
Charlie 3931fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 05:53 PM   #6
pips063
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22801
Thx,but can U have this cleared up by Aug 8th please,were driving our daughter to TCU for move in..hahahaha
pips063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:01 PM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Went thru Texas from NM today. Only stopped for gas (using clorox wipes at the pump), one stop at McDonald's but only thru the drive thru and used the bathroom in the rig. We're overnighting at a city park in Sayre, OK ( money drop, no personal contact) and then on to our KS home base.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:21 PM   #8
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
At least it seems more people have taken notice and decided to start wearing masks. Maybe if more people begin to exercise caution it will begin to subside.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:37 PM   #9
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Bill,

Are the road side rest open? Also, do you know about auto truck stop's are they open as well? Not for fuel sales but to stay over night? Some times we will stay at a Love's or a Pilot trucks center's. Thanks again for your help.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:54 AM   #10
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Texas has closed the lobby of the travel information centers (generally those as you first enter the state), but the restrooms remain open. As well as those at the other rest areas that are not travel information centers.

We have not been out much since all this started, but I see no impact on the local fueling stations. And truck traffic has not slowed down much, if any. So I would guess truck stops are pretty much business as usual except for maybe some inside services.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:47 PM   #11
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Texas has closed the lobby of the travel information centers (generally those as you first enter the state), but the restrooms remain open. As well as those at the other rest areas that are not travel information centers.

We have not been out much since all this started, but I see no impact on the local fueling stations. And truck traffic has not slowed down much, if any. So I would guess truck stops are pretty much business as usual except for maybe some inside services.
They are open for truck and they have to shut down after 11 driving hours. I was wondering about RV;s. Our local Pilot has a sign up fuel only for RV's

Old 06-26-2020, 03:54 PM   #12
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Folks be careful out there. There were over 41,000 new cases today.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote