Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2014, 09:42 AM   #21
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
[quote]Originally posted by BB_TX

The black tank flush line drains from the point of the vacuum breaker valve to the tank. But I don't think it can drain from the line from the vacuum breaker valve back to the external connection. The valve is located in a water line that goes up in a wall, connects to the valve, then down to the tank. When the flush line is pressurized the valve actuates to prevent water leaking out and air from leaking in. When the flush water is turned off the valve opens to air allowing air to enter the line and prevent siphoning either direction. That would leave water in the line between the external connection and that valve.
I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time) but after working on mine that is certainly the way it looked.

12 Years No Blow Out -No Pink Stuff-No Problem that's my story!

kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #22
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

A previous discussion we had regarding washing machines and winterizing led to the assumption (maybe only by me??) that air cannot blow through the washing machine past the pump mechanism either. The directions for the washer specifically call for the pink stuff. I do not risk anything in the rig here in the cold cold hills, since four gallons of the pink stuff typically runs us about $12. So a year of insurance for $24 to cover both winterizations sounds like a pretty cheap insurance policy to me.
Bingo
My washer is a Whirlpool apartment size with the dryer stacked on top. The PDI tech did the same thing the Whirlpool owner's manual says to do and that is with the air compressor on, you run a normal cycle with warm water. You can hear the air blow the water out. When you don't hear anymore air you cancel the cycle. Next you put a quart of the pink stuff in the drum of the washer and run a Drain and Spin cycle to completion. So far so good. I was glad to see the manufacturer include winterizing instructions.
jfaberna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #23
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
I did test out the missing hose washer and it was missing. So I added one and now it pumps from the bottle while sitting in the basement next to the Convenience Center.
jfaberna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:50 PM   #24
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Another job well done and another advantage to being a MOC Forum member!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote