Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Northeast Region
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2008, 05:35 AM   #41
buschet1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7460
This has a little more detail than the previous post on Jan. 5

The shortest route, without going through the downtown square and without any hard turns, is…. Rt 116 exit off Rt 15, Hanover Rd. Go west toward Gettysburg and just after you enter town,(there’s a small sign that says entering Gettysburg borough and just after you cross over a small bridge over a stream) you turn left on 6th St. After one block you turn right at the “Right turn, keep moving” sign and continue on this street (Middle St.), which turns into Rt 116 again and goes straight through town and to the campground which is on the left about one mile out of town.
The closest fuel stop coming from the north on Rt15 is or was a Texaco truck stop. It is on the right side of 15 at the exit before Rt 30. I think it is the exit for Rt 134. Fuel prices are running now from $349.9 to $359.9. Coming from north, other than the truck stop there are no stations that are close I can think of where you could get into with your rig. Unless you want to unhook.

buschet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:09 AM   #42
buschet1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7460
Correction to above directions. The Texaco truck stop is at the exit for Rt. 394 Hunterstown. Not Rt.134
buschet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:07 AM   #43
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
Thanks Tom. I followed your directions on a map of the Gettysburg area and it looks good. Also, thanks for the diesel information. I plan on replacing the stock tank with a larger one but I don't know if I will have it by then.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:11 AM   #44
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have one conflict but are attempting to get out of it. Gettysburgh is right is on the path of our summer N.E states adventure and the National FCRV rally in Centre Hall, Pa.We want to be there.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:25 AM   #45
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
We are holding off on making reservations because both the first post in this thread and the update Rick put out on 6 Jan ask us to not make reservations yet. I will try and get a hold of Rick and Jenna and see if they are ready for us to start making reservations. ..... Just gotta find what I did with their phone number......
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:35 AM   #46
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
So what is the story??? The first post says do not make reservations till we get the ok yet folks are making reservations. What are the site numbers..What is the phone number..what is going on??? We will be there..or will we????
Old 01-25-2008, 03:03 PM   #47
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Rich,
Gettysburgcampground.com for phone number. Personally didn't want to wait since we prefer to pay for our year in advance and have everything now covered except Thanksgiving.
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:51 PM   #48
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
While not wanting to be disrespectful where it was mentioned to wait on the reservations; I went ahead and made our reservations. One of the reasons I did was because we are planning that as our primary vacation time. We had to plan both our days off and coordinate them so we could be off work together. We also made them for more time that what the rally is for. I remember reading that it would take at least a week just to see everything. Of course we want to enjoy the fellowship of the rally and meet everyone etc.., but if something happened which would cause the rally not to be held we would probably go ahead and keep our reservations anyway. We are looking forward to the rally and this will be our first MOC rally!

When I made them they put us on site 19 where we requested full hook-ups and they indicated this is the area they were going to put us all in.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #49
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Does the MOC have a block of sites ???.. Will we be together or if we make a reservation now will be be just anywhere. Should we say we are with the MOC group??? We have no problem with making reservations now but we would like to know if we will be in assigned sites. If we will be scattered all over the campground it won't be much of a rally.. I am sure that Rick and Jenna have a plan and I just thought it would be best to let them know what it was so we can adhere to it????
Old 01-27-2008, 07:11 PM   #50
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
I have been trying to get a hold of Rick and Jenna since they were making the arrangements with the campground. Let me see what I can find out.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #51
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We made reservations today.See post on other thread. Site #65..There are 7 reservations made to date..there is plenty of room.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #52
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Is there a master list of people who are signing up listing the site # etc..?

I would like to see one!
Old 01-29-2008, 03:09 PM   #53
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill-N-Donna

Is there a master list of people who are signing up listing the site # etc..?

I would like to see one!
I personally think people are getting a little ahead of things. We were asked to wait, and after all this rally is 4 months away. We are so lucky to have people agreeing to organize this and I think we should give them a chance to set things up the way they want to. I don't understand the big hurry here. I believe they reserved a block of sites for the rally. We've been to the three previous rallies and things don't usually get underway this early.

Just my opinion.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #54
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I think part of the problem (this is my opinion based on my experience) is that this is the first rally for several of us and we are excited about it (I think this is a good thing). We have waited a couple of months for responses from the rally organizers on how to go about the reservation process. I have asked for guidance a couple of times and have received none. As I stated before, I have always paid for all of my planned stays at the beginning of each year, this includes all spring and summer planned excursions. I think others are in the same situation and would rather be secure in knowing that they have reservations than not. I repeat this is my reasoning based on my opinion and possibly the result of my simply not knowing the usual procedure.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:28 AM   #55
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
As those who have been involved in organizing a rally or campout for a large group can attest to it is a very difficult and time consuming task.
Rick & Jeana are doing a fine job. As in any camping group we are a diverse group and trying to address that diversity when planning a rally is near impossible.Many folks are still among the working. When we were still working we had to have prime vacation time in by Feb of the new year. Advance notice of rally dates are a make or break to many. The dates for this rally were set long ago and folks had plenty of t ime to circle those dates..that is a good thing. Starting with Memorial day through Aug are prime travel and vacation times and even those of us who are not shackled by work schedules need to plan in advance. Our summer trip is the N.E States and to find good campgrounds that meet our needs we need to reserve now for the month of June. We know we are leaving Ohio May 22 and we would like to spend some time in the Gettysburg area so it is either go around the MOC rally and on to N.E and make those reservation accordingly or firm up the rally campground, which we have so today we will begin to reserve C.G's in the N.E states. Not to mention to get a handle on the cost of the trips so we can plan finances. One of the tings you learn as long timers is "pay as you go..or don't go."Our summer trip will be paid for before we leave. We only have so many $ to spend. We will be at that C.G rally or not as part of out summer adventure.

A call to the campground will reveal that most if not all of the rally arrangements are in place and we are sure will be posted soon. Sometimes the small details are the most time consuming. The organizers , we are sure, have other things to do besides this rally and it is always a learning process. We had to reserve early because the rally is but one stop on our summer adventure and pre planning is necessary..
Old 01-30-2008, 04:45 AM   #56
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
I have marked in on our calender....way to far ahead to say yes right now..this would be a great shakedown and inauguration drive for the new rig.. I went to the GS trip and mapping site last nite...should have printed it off so I could explain it....DW is the map reader and director of roads and directions management......it could be a looonnnngggg ride..once we get thru Buffalo heading east and then south....she is not going to be happy...and then when we get near Gettysburg I guess it gets a little complicated.....may need more than one beer when I get there.... I even tried the route from Detroit across and I would expect that the turnpike fees are a little steep...
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:33 AM   #57
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
I found Rick and Jenna's phone number late last night and will give them a call tonight when I get home from work. Please bear with us....this is the first time for both Lisa and I and Rick and Jenna. We are learning alot and will get an update out within the next day or so.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:03 AM   #58
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Don.. If our two countries would only get together and build a bridge across the pond it would make thinks a lot easier for most of us.. We have to go to Detroit or Huron to cross the border from Northern Ohio. When it is like 40 miles across the pond.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:57 AM   #59
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Not the update I was hoping to post but an update none the less.

1. the number I have for Rick and Jenna has been disconnected.
Hopefully we will hear from them soon. In the meantime as Co-Coordinators I sent the campground an email last night and recieved a reply today. The person handling the group reservations is out of town but was going to call me today. Unfortunately I am not allowed to have my cell phone on me at work (classified work space) so I provided my desk number on two voice mails and in a response to the email I just recieved. No luck in catching a live person in the campground office so far but hopefully they will get in contact with me soon.

That is where we are at the moment and I should have more soon.

Bill
Old 02-06-2008, 06:28 AM   #60
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
We have booked our Site #72.....from thursday to Tuesday.....and we look forward to meeting everyone when we get there....Don, Joyce and wondermutt.."bear"
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote