Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2021, 06:46 PM   #21
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougVelting View Post
Ok so its not just me. We just got our 2018 381 and i was wondering the same thing.
We already ordered 4 replacement 120V outlets with the usb plugs in them as well. Adding a few 12V outlets as well for boondocking. We have a bearded dragon who needs her heat lamp or under tank heater on all the time. We set it up of a small 12V outlet inverter in our class a and it worked great for when we were off grid instead running the generator all day long.
My wife and I actually just spent our after dinner time last night looking for ways to run dedicated wiring through walls and such to the underbelly.
I installed a total of six DC plugs in our 3121rl. In four of the locations I removed the USB plugs and installed them there. One on ether side of the LR sofa and on either side of the bed. I ran wiring for the other two. One from the bathroom cabinet light by the toilet for our composting toilet fan and one from the laundry room light to the 12V TV in the bedroom.

I recommend these:

https://www.amazon.com/Powerlet-PSO-...1193477&sr=8-1

R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:29 AM   #22
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Yesterday, I noticed removing the underbelly will be more challenging since having IS installed. It really is close.
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote