Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2024, 04:01 PM   #1
SJBO659*

M.O.C. #33875
Another note on your upcoming trip to Alaska, Just keep your speeds down. I cannot stress that enough. Two weeks agon on my return from Toke to Wasilla I was just east of Chistichina Alaska on the Tok cut off highway and was passed by a 3/4 ton Ford towing what appeared to be about a 38 foot Solitude with Florida plates on it. I was in my Peterbuilt doing 60 mph. He had to be going 70 or 75 when he passed me. When I got about 20 miles further down the road there he was at a bridge where he had hit a frost heave and had two broken springs and one missing tire that had sheared off the studs and the tire went off into the trees. I do not know if they ever found the tire but when I stopped, they said they were talking to a tow company from Glenn Allen to come and get the trailer. Speed will be your worse enemy on Alaska roads. Other than that its a great trip but take your time.
SJBO659* is offline   Reply With Quote