Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2005, 02:47 PM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
The rest of the 2005 floorplans

Ran across this and since the keystone sites don't have all the floorplans yet, thought I'd post these here. For the Montana, this includes the 3400, 3500, 3475 and others.

http://www.asrvcenter.com/montana5w.htm for the montana

http://www.asrvcenter.com/mountaineer5w.htm for the mountaineer

http://www.asrvcenter.com/bigsky5w.htm for the big sky

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 05:19 PM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sure seems like they've eliminated some good storage in the bedroom by putting the stacked corner cabinets on the wall with the long front wardrobe. There's a lot of wasted space between the dresser and the wardrobe/cabinets now. Thanks for the floorplans, Steve. I've been curious about the new layouts.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:54 PM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Glen and Judy,

I noticed the same thing but think and was hoping there was more room in the comode area. My knees against the wall was rough. However, I do hate loosing closet space cause there does not seem to be enough.
Oh well.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 05:33 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
You're right about that knee space, John. But they've left what looks like 18" x 6 feet of bare space between the dresser and the wardrobe. I know they have to open the doors under the TV thus the space. But that's a lot in an RV. Sure seems like the old design is better. I store a lot of stuff in those corner spaces since the dresser drawers are so "short".
Old 02-01-2005, 08:19 AM   #5
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
We saw this closet alteration at the Rally and at the Toronto RV show. In fact I felt you end up with more useable space. At the moment it is not that easy to use the right hand end of the wardrobe whereas with the new idea they appear to have made the bedroom window higher and made a double wide three draw high dresser where the other one was. They have put a 4 or 5 dresser with really deep drawers at the end of the wardrobe with a TV which swings out. In fact I felt there was more storage space. Just my opinion. Diana
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:12 AM   #6
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Just what I feared! I would not trade my 2002 2955 RL for this new floor plan. In fact, I'm not sure I would buy any of these Montanas. The sliding doors between the bedroom and the bath area are very important to us. This was one of the factors that led us to buy Montana rather than one of the comparable models. The trend (almost total now) toward "bedroom/bath suites" is NOT something I am happy about. And the space for washer/dryer (not as option, but as basic to the floor plan) just adds insult to injury. As Mrs. Slocum would put it, "That is my opinion and I am unanimous in that!"
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:25 AM   #7
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
Those of us who are not full Timers are quite satisfied with the arrangement as it is . I like the large closet and the fact that we have a lot of chest of drawers space. The way we travel, we usually do not have to do washing at all while on a trip. I think that Montana should give those of us who like it the way it is to have that option. I will say AMEN to everything that my husband said .
Countrygirl
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:19 PM   #8
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
We have the new 2980RL with this bedroom arrangement. The open space on the wall is to accomodate the doors opening, and to allow room to install the washer/dryer. At first I didn't like it, but the wife likes having the separate closet to keep heavy coats, etc., then using the wardrobe for other hang up clothes. It also gave us a 6 drawer dresser instead of the 4 drawer which we like. Because they did it between the time we ordered and the time it was delivered, they didn't charge us for the upgrades.
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:05 PM   #9
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by padredw

Just what I feared! I would not trade my 2002 2955 RL for this new floor plan. In fact, I'm not sure I would buy any of these Montanas. The sliding doors between the bedroom and the bath area are very important to us. This was one of the factors that led us to buy Montana rather than one of the comparable models. The trend (almost total now) toward "bedroom/bath suites" is NOT something I am happy about. And the space for washer/dryer (not as option, but as basic to the floor plan) just adds insult to injury. As Mrs. Slocum would put it, "That is my opinion and I am unanimous in that!"
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 05:42 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I must be missing something here. In the past, when the w/d prep was ordered the water, drain, and electrical hookups were put into an existing closet. The new owner could then have w/d installed or could use it as a closet, adding the w/d later or not at all. I wasn't aware the w/d prep is now standard but don't see how it would have changed to mean if you don't want a w/d then you have wasted space. The '05 models we saw at the Tampa show all looked as if those spaces could be used as closets so long as no w/d were installed. Am I missing something?

Something we saw in the new version of our model that we didn't care for, well two things actually.... one is the same as padre's comment about the bathroom sink being on the bed side of the curtain. That doesn't work well for us at all since we don't always arise at the same time of morning. The second is in our current 3295rk our w/d is in the closet between bedroom and water closet. We have a coat closet next to the entry door. Actually, we have three compartments there, six doors. Two compartments we use for various storage and in the other we hang our jackets, coats, gloves, etc. And a big flashlight (our original wall mounted flashlight died long ago). In the new model the w/d prep goes in that space next to the front door. That's ok except we really like having a coat closet there. Probably a bigger deal for fulltimers who actually would put a w/d there and who have a more frequent need to store jackets and the like. I'd be willing to stay with a queen bed to keep the w/d and the coat closet arrangement we have in our '03. Maybe there could be a kingbed option with today's arrangment and a Queenbed option with the old arrangement. More cost to Keystone, so not likely. I have seen some mfrs with alternate optional plans for the upstairs area.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:40 AM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
In our 2004 3380RL our washer/dryer prep is in the closet to your right as you come in the door. There are two high, coated wire shelves. By removing the lower shelf, it could be a coat closet. So we're left with a variety of choices for this closet.....W/D, coat closet or pantry.....more importantly a place to store doggie treats. If a W/D is put in the bedroom at the end of the main wardrobe (where the TV cabinet and drawers are in the 2005), you'd really loose storage space. We have wire shelves across the end of our wardrobe which will store a lot of big fluffy items when we're on a long trip and expecting visitors, such as extra blankets, pillows etc. Someone on the forum recently wrote that when she moved her things into a 2005, she had a lot of leftover stuff....no room.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:42 AM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I agree with Glen and Judy. Our w/d closet has wire shelves and a rod for hanging clothes. To put in a combo w/d we will only have to remove one shelf, the rod can stay. The shelves fold up if you want to use as a coat closet.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 10:32 PM   #13
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
We liked the arrangement with sliding doors between the sink and the bed. The new arrangement gives me the impression of being on the road in a Hampton Inn/Motel 6. I did that for enough years. We like the 3295RKBS very much and Keystone has been very good on their responses to us as well. We have a strong like for the 3400 but absolutely do not care for the new arangement. We will probably go a different way when we trade next for a 3400 type floor plan. I agree with Steve's comments about different times of getting up etc. The 3400 we saw the Ocala show did not even have the accordian type curtain. We had seen that on other 3400's at our dealer a few months ago. Just my 2cents worth!!!
wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 01:39 AM   #14
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
John and Nancy, and Steve, you have each said it better than I did, but that is the point about the absence of those sliding doors. I happen to be the one who often gets up first and those doors allow private use of the bathroom and continued rest for Shirley in the bedroom. Also, on the occasions when we have guests overnight, the bathroom can be used by both couples (most usual situation) with very reasonable privacy by using the doors on each side.

Is there anything we can do about this "improvement"?
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:24 AM   #15
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
Glenda and really wrestled with the new bedroom layouts when we ordered our unit. We really didn't like the w/d under the TV in the bedroom and quickly concluded that we would build shelves in it if we ended up with one of the floorplans that had this. In the end the floorplan we got puts the W/D out by the entrance door (still a big closet for us) and drawers under the TV in the bedroom. Add to that the closet beside the bed and shower and we think there's much more storage than before.

While the cheapo accordion door is a dislike for us it will rarely get any use in our trailer. It reminds me of the shower slider we had on our 2750. I hated that right from day one.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 04:10 AM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Can anyone tell me how the accordion sliding curtain is at noise abatement? In our Montana we can close the double doors between bedroom and bathroom, open the water closet door, close the pocket door between bathroom and living room, then one of us can watch tv at a normal volume downstairs and the person sleeping upstairs does not even hear it. Is that possible with the accordion curtain? Anybody done this? Thanks.