Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2014, 01:44 AM   #1
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Visited New Mountaineer Yesterday

DW, friends and I went up to Tiara yesterday to visit the 331RLT. Our friends wanted to see, of course, what we signed papers for 8 days ago. Turns out they were pretty impressed!

When we got there, coach was setting behind service building with slide rooms closed as I had anticipated. That was why I took one of my good Die-Hard batteries with me. Put the battery in the front compartment, hooked it up and plugged the bargeman into the back of the Denali. All was good.

Went inside and opened all of the slides while the outside temp was 29 degrees. Noticed as the off door side slide was opening, the drawer under the range popped partially open. Didn't think about it at the time, just stepped over and closed the drawer when the slide was fully extended and it seemed to latch into place. All was good.

Everybody looked around. Wife was showing her friend Sue all the kitchen features and I was showing my buddy, Norm, a lot of the other features. After about half to three quarters of an hour, we were done looking things over.

Then, closed the bed room slide with no problem......started closing the two main floor slides and as the kitchen (off door) slide was coming in, that drawer popped open, again. About that quick, pump went dead and slides stopped. The proverbial weak breaker syndrome !!! After a few seconds, I touched the button again and the slides came the rest of the way in. Then, I closed the drawer but, noticed that it did not seem to latch as good as it should. At one point, it popped back open.

So, have another issue that needs addressed on top of the several other minor issues that I listed and gave to them. None of which I had noticed have been corrected. But, that's OK because, we have all winter to get them done.

But, I will be doing the "70 amp manual reset breaker thing" when I take full possession of her in early March. Also, need to find out exactly what type of fluid was put in the reservoir because, I had noticed when I was putting the battery in and out, it looked a little low.

Ah yes, life with an RV! Ain't it great!!
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote