Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2020, 05:04 AM   #21
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Never ever take DW to Dealership with you. And definitely never ever say "Hey Honey, come look at this."

2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:46 PM   #22
jtcurbo
Established Member

M.O.C. #25900
Quote:
Originally Posted by G & S Russell View Post
Jtcurbo,
While you are in Palestine, go to the Oxbow and get you a pie. They are delicious. We spent a long weekend at a B&B in Palestine. Great town with long interesting history.
Their pies, cakes etc are the best. Everywhere we go , we meet people who have visited Palestine or lived here or knows someone who lives here. It is full of history. Did you ride the train? We lived here for 28 years. Now we are full time.
jtcurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:01 PM   #23
loadmaster
Established Member

M.O.C. #20581
Expensive camper

I'm like everyone when to Camping World in Myrtle beach three years ago just to look around for a few things, wife said let's just go look at the camper. Will we looked at a few new one but the price was out of my league. So we walked around and seen a used 2013 Montana 3582RL, we walk in and my wife fell in love with, will I like it to. We had a 2003 Excel and we had some problems with it, but like everyone I repair them, so here come a sales person we talked a little bit and tried to get the slide's out so I could make sure everything worked. Will the battery was die, so he said come back tomorrow and I'll have it hooked up to shore power. Will the sales person just didn't know me because I was on top and under it looking for anything that might be hidden out of sight. So after looking it over and only fining a few minor things. We sit down and beat figure around at one point I was just about ready to walk out because we couldn't come up with figure I wanted, he said ok I told what I was willing to do. Long story short we went back to campground and started packing thing up. On Saturday we pulled our up next to new one and started moving. That afternoon we were back in the park enjoying our new/used camper. I have only had to fix a few little things but over all the best camper we purchased. This is only our fourth camper and right now I don't see us trading it in any time soon. It sits in the back yard ready to go in a moment notice. Vacation are on hold right now but we are ready to just as soon as this dam virus is gone.
Happy Camping Everyone and stay safe.
Jim & Brenda Blackford
Martinsburg WV
loadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:34 PM   #24
Dixie Flyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Myers View Post
Congrats on your new unit! Welcome to the forum!
Just like getting a free truck with that $50k hat huh? LOL

The wife and I went to an RV dealer in Knoxville, Tennessee to buy some lights for our awning and left in a motorhome. That was the most expensive set of lights I ever bought in my life. I kept the motorhome for a year and traded back for a Montana fifth wheel. Love our Montana. It's a 3611Rl. Really like the floor plan. bought a used F250 diesel short bed, installed a pullrite hitch in the bed along with a 33 gallon fuel tank that really makes it easy on traveling. With a 500 mile range I stop when I want to not when I have to.
Dixie Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:34 PM   #25
jtcurbo
Established Member

M.O.C. #25900
Loadmaster, It sure easy to like the Montanas. Good story. Thanks for sharing. We have put our plans on hold also,
Old 04-03-2020, 08:41 PM   #26
jtcurbo
Established Member

M.O.C. #25900
Dixie Flyer, I have been weighing the pros and cons of having a motorhome. I've landed on the fifth wheel. The auxiliary tank wao one of the best decision I made. You are right I don't have to stop until i'm ready to. I usually stop when my fuel gage starts moving.
Liked your post. Happh trails.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:51 AM   #27
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
John,
Congrats on the "new chair" and finding this forum. You will love both.
Enjoyed your story and have a similar one. Ours included needing a new truck to tow the 5er. DW loved the front living room.
Funny thing with ours. We didn't like the electric reclining theater seating so we donated it to Goodwill and bought individual recliners. So we spent the big bucks and now don't even have "that chair"

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:10 AM   #28
Dixie Flyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19905
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcurbo View Post
Dixie Flyer, I have been weighing the pros and cons of having a motorhome. I've landed on the fifth wheel. The auxiliary tank wao one of the best decision I made. You are right I don't have to stop until i'm ready to. I usually stop when my fuel gage starts moving.
Liked your post. Happh trails.

WE bought a used Foretravel, the best motorhome on the market. It was a 37 foot model. Limited storage because all the outside compartments were full of gadgets that related to operating the motorhome. The ride home was with all of the asile space littered with stuff from the Montana camper as there wasn't enough space to store everything. Once we arrived home we had to get tow equipment install on the MH to tow a car. We tried to rent a car every where we went and that worked out okay. The car rental people would come to the campground with a car and rental agreement and then we would take it back when done. to get the NH serviced was choir. One that took extra planning and saving up the money for the service, It was expensive. Anyway we decided to go back to the Montana fifth wheel when we got our South Carolins tax bil at the end of the year. South Carolina would not let us claim the Mh as a second home as it had an engibe in it. The Montana we could get a break on the taxes by claiming it as a second home. SO went back to the camper and truck saving us thousands of dollars in taxes.
Dixie Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 05:28 PM   #29
jtcurbo
Established Member

M.O.C. #25900
DebNJim, I'm looking to replace our recliners, hope you are hunkered down in a safe place.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:36 PM   #30
jtcurbo
Established Member

M.O.C. #25900
DixieFlyer, That confirms my choice to not buy a motorhome. For years we claimed our rv on income tax as a second home. Now we are full time and get a bigger income tax break claiming the standard deduction. We don't owe anything or have enough deductions to claim. Good place to be in and simple tax filing. Happy travels.