Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Combination Jack

Well I was in COSTCO (In the USA Price Club?)the other day with the DW and noticed something I thought would make my life a bit easier. It is a 3 ton bottle jack married to a 3 ton jack stand. My current jacking arrangement to raise a wheel on the trailer is to use a hydraulic frame jack to raise the frame until the spring starts to sag and then to use a hydraulic floor jack to raise the axle against the spring. I also needed a jack stand for safety. With the bottle/jack stand combination I can raise just the axle for tire/wheel work or use it to raise the frame when I want to take off some of the spring load. In either case I don't need the separate jack stand.

The combination jack is distributed by a company called Crew Line and yes it is made in China. Since it is a three ton rating I have a good safety margin WRT raising one wheel on the trailer. Can't be too careful. My current frame and floor jacks are 8 and 4 ton respectively.

MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote