Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
Rob Frantz

M.O.C. #9954
Water seepage under kitchen flooring

The flooring in our kitchen of our model 3280RL is buckling due to moisture seepage. Moisture seems to be entering in the area near the water heater by the entry door. I checked the seals around the kitchen slide and found no obvious problems. Also, I saw no problem with the roof or around the outside of the water heater. I looked inside the kitchen cabinet for leaks in the water lines and drain lines and found no problem. I removed the cover for the gas furnace cabinet and found moisture on the floor next to the heater, but no obvious source of the moisture. What have I missed?

Rob Frantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
When you looked for leaks in the water lines and water heater, was the system pressurized? Try looking when hooked up to city water and when again while running the pump. Good Luck!!
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:52 AM   #3
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
If still under warranty, I'd take it back to the dealer.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:41 AM   #4
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160

I don't know what year you have, and I can't find that model? Maybe I'm just brain dead.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:24 PM   #5
lenlin84
Established Member

M.O.C. #7530
Rob,
I had the same problem with my 3255RL. I see by the floor plans in my '02-'03 brochure that you have the side galley like we do. If your water heater is in the same cabinet as the sink then I would check the outside area of the water heater for missing or damaged sealant. When the water heater is installed and screwed down, the outside door assembly is slid into postion and screwed in position. The outer door assembly fits inside the water heater case. You can see that if you open the outside door and look at the bottom seam in that area. If this seam is not sealed with silicone sealent, water can leak past this seam and run directly into the inner area of the cabnet floor. This water can come from rain outside or a leak in the water heater overflow pressure valve,etc. I fixed my leak problem by resealing the outer door assembly to the water heater case. Once that was done, no more leak and the floor area of the sink cabnet dried up. I had a devil of a time finding this. I too checked all my water lines. I thought I had a hole in the water heater tank. I finally traced it to the area I described. I hope this helps, this was an easy and cheap fix. I hope this cures your problem too.
lenlin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:56 AM   #6
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
You may want to check the gray tank vent on the roof.Make sure the flange is still sealed.
The vent pipe goes through the cabinet and through the wall of the top cabinet and through the roof. When you take the grill off next to the sink you can see the black pipe going up.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #7
dustinc02
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4877
Where is the black tank flush anti siphon valve for that unit. I know when I had problems with my valve I had moisture problems on the kitchen floor. (3400rl)Seems to be a very common problem.
dustinc02 is offline   Reply With Quote