A couple years ago, after only 6 months of ownership of a brand new Montana High Country, we had a blow out 200 miles from home. We had road side service and they got the spare tire on the camper for me. But jacking up the trailer to do so was a real challenge.
On the same trip, I decided not to take chances with the rest of the original tires and decided to get all new rubber. We were near Charlotte, North Carolina and because of where were, the only place that had tires the fit my Montana was a semi-truck repair shop. We went there and they replaced all those original tires with Hercules Tires. But jacking up the trailer was a real challenge.
I've since experimented with my Montana to see how capable it is to lift the tires off the ground by the electric Lippert 6 point leveling system. Although it does a great job at leveling, to actual lift the camper, it seems those jacks are struggling something awful, and stopped the attempt before something broke.
Fast forward again. Sometime in the not to distant pass, I must have hit something and did not know it. Whatever it was, the tire shop thinks it was not a concrete curb scrub, but I hit something metal. At any rate, one of my tires had a side gash, a cut on the side wall.
Planning a trip in January, I'm not taking chances with a tire that has a cut on the side wall. The last experience I want is another blow-out when traveling.
But I was concerned about the tire shop raising the trailer again.
Over the past 20 years or more, I've heard of all kinds of ways to raise the trailer to change a tire. But again, all of these are just risky in my opinion.... especially lifting such a heavy trailer by the axle... anywhere on the axle.
Well, I put my thinking cap together and built this. And it worked great!
You are more than welcome to raise your camper in a different way, but this worked, and worked well for me! I'm just passing on alternative methods for the traditional "jack" method.