Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 07:39 AM   #21
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
If an RMA was issued with the agreement that they would cover the costs due to their fault, I would expect that they will make it right. Sounds like some in house communicating should fix the problem.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:09 PM   #22
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Lippert has always treated us right. Always. Several purchases. Once sent wrong part for furniture control. Made it good in just a couple of days with fast UPS shipping. Sorry you had so much trouble.
Old 04-15-2021, 07:49 AM   #23
ForBruce
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26644
UPDATE 4/13/21

Got a temporary dispute credit from the charge company.

Meanwhile not wanting Lippert to get away with this . I called them and the girl told me the $28 they did not pay me was for the shipping charge on the return and also the oil seal which were not returned.

HOLD ON.... I told the girl , "I paid for the UPS return not Lippert and the oil seals were in one of the boxes" (And I marked the outside of the box with a LARGE white sticker that said extra parts inside).

Ok , She Said, "I will have to call you back.

When she called back she said they would refund the balance of $28.

This has taken 5 phone phones calls to clear up this mess.

Oh --yes I bought new Dexter brakes ( a matched set) and oil seals Delivered for $ 250.25 (which includes --NO tax---No Shipping---and a 4-pack of oil seals)
From "TheTrailerPartsOutlet.com

happy with replacements and brake pads are thicker
Old 04-15-2021, 07:58 AM   #24
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Sometimes business deals go sideways. Sounds like this one is ending well once the bruises heal.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:09 AM   #25
ForBruce
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
Sometimes business deals go sideways. Sounds like this one is ending well once the bruises heal.
The bottom line is Lippert had NO RIGHT sending me 2 different manufacturer of brakes for a single axel.

They are in business a long time and should have known better.

We go with large companies because of their reputation.

But they messed up the order and they messed up the return

SORRY my humble opinion
Old 04-15-2021, 09:19 AM   #26
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I’ve been in business 40 years selling to the public. We are all human and make mistakes. All you can do after a mistake is try to correct it.
Lynwood
Old 04-15-2021, 09:23 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Everything does not go right all the time. We have been dealing with Lippert with both our 5th wheels since 2008 and been to the factory 3 or 4 times in addition to tours at the national rally. We have not had a problem with them and have been treated well. However any charges as a result of their mistake is not acceptable.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:01 AM   #28
1937Ford

M.O.C. #28307
The US industrial apparatus was shut down and we all pay the price. 2020 and 2021 will forever be known as the production years of mismatched components. Manufacturing companies everywhere are using whatever components are available.
Henry Ford didn’t buy tires and steel, he owned rubber plantations and steel mills and foundries. Quality control is difficult.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:43 AM   #29
ForBruce
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26644
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1937Ford View Post
The US industrial apparatus was shut down and we all pay the price. 2020 and 2021 will forever be known as the production years of mismatched components. Manufacturing companies everywhere are using whatever components are available.
Henry Ford didn’t buy tires and steel, he owned rubber plantations and steel mills and foundries. Quality control is difficult.
Great --I'll tell that to the insurance company when i skid using different brakes

sorry for the frankness.... but then Lippert should have told me we can't supply what you want. Or told me what they are sending and is it ok. I would have cancelled the order before shipment.
This is not a light bulb or awning. This is effecting my life and the lives of others i may come into contact with
Old 05-22-2021, 10:33 AM   #30
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have done a lot of business with Lippert over the years and never had a problem with anything.
Old 05-22-2021, 11:11 AM   #31
ForBruce
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26644
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
We have done a lot of business with Lippert over the years and never had a problem with anything.
so have i..However new personnel should be WELL trained and have FULL knowledge of product use ..not just make a sale
Old 05-22-2021, 12:16 PM   #32
WhatExit?
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28356
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
so have i..However new personnel should be WELL trained and have FULL knowledge of product use ..not just make a sale
You got it resolved and yes, it took some effort on your part to do it but it's all good now.

My suggestion to you is to start and run a business and deal with the public and see how that goes for you when every shipment is not perfect.
Old 05-22-2021, 12:30 PM   #33
ForBruce
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26644
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatExit? View Post
You got it resolved and yes, it took some effort on your part to do it but it's all good now.

My suggestion to you is to start and run a business and deal with the public and see how that goes for you when every shipment is not perfect.
I ran a 3-floor store in Rockaway,New York for 8 years

and for 26 years i was director of service for a long island company.

I know the trials and tribulations of running a business including hiring and firing...shipping and receiving.

Yes it took some doing to finally correct brake issues.

My pitch is ...what would happen to the person who doesn't have the knowledge or experience not to use incorrect parts. That's why we rely
on major companies like Lippert.

you are all entitled to your opinion

TIME TO CLOSE THIS THREAD
Closed Thread