Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2007, 12:00 PM   #21
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
I use mine all the time, never thought about it before, but it does make it easier to to know the pin is lined up. I would not order one but I do like it.

mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:43 PM   #22
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
I also thought the mirror was a great idea but, so far I haven't used it. I am able to line up the hitch just looking in the rear view mirror of the truck. I have a long bed so I don't need the new nose but, I do like the looks of it.
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #23
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
The new front cap does not bother me, but there is just something about that darn mirror that does not look right to me. I wonder if anyone has come up with something to cover it up yet? Any ideas?? I know folks have said they would be putting stickers on it, but I am thinking of something solid white to put over it...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:23 PM   #24
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I'm thinking I'll use it to apply my self adhesive little flag holders, and maybe the MOC decal. May not look right with a mirrored background though.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:37 PM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have noticed on this trip that the distinctive front cap and the mirror draw the most positive comments from other campers.The new front cap gives the Montana a more smooth look and sets it apart from other units.We do use the mirror all the time but Keystone might have mentioned that if you change out the pin box it renders the mirror useless. With a mod or two it can be returned to useful service.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:40 PM   #26
mailmanguy
Established Member

M.O.C. #6684
Boy, now you guys got me thinking....do I like it or don't I? Hmmm?

I do like the new front design for sure, but the mirror? Hmmm? I'll have to think about it.

mailmanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:50 PM   #27
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
That was the whole idea Guy! Once we get folks thinking, great suggestions and ideas tend to flow out. This gives Keystone an opportunity to get feedback from owners and make some changes that will only make an already great coach even better.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:21 PM   #28
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Just dragged my factory pin box out of the truck to give it a toss into the basement, and noticed the decal says "patent pending". (also noticed "Montana" written backwards to show in the mirror). I guess the mirror might be a Keystone exclusive if it's patented.

I think I'll stencil my overall height in standard and metric units backwards on the new pin box so it shows in the mirror like a U-Haul truck does.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #29
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dave, I wonder what's under the mirror? Like, is it finished so if the mirror is removed it would just look like nothing was ever there? Or would there be holes. Etc. I haven't looked that closely and it's pitch dark outside. Maybe (a longshot) I'll remember to look more closely at it in tomorrow's daylight. Yeah, like I'm going to remember this in the morning.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 03:12 PM   #30
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Brad, Thats is, undoubtedly, the best idea I've heard so far... I sure wish I had thought of it first ! Great idea though..
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:00 PM   #31
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
While reading this post to my husband...who is relaxing laying on the couch after a hard days work...says to tell you all he uses the mirror to comb his hair and to occassionally look at himself! ...Yep sometimes I question myself, is he really my husband?..LOL
Kathy

Really I dont think he really knows if he will use it or not b/c he has only pulled the Montana home from the dealer and parked it...maybe when camping season comes then he will....I think...LOL
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:23 AM   #32
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by campbud

While reading this post to my husband...who is relaxing laying on the couch after a hard days work...says to tell you all he uses the mirror to comb his hair and to occassionally look at himself! ...Yep sometimes I question myself, is he really my husband?..LOL
Kathy

Really I dont think he really knows if he will use it or not b/c he has only pulled the Montana home from the dealer and parked it...maybe when camping season comes then he will....I think...LOL
I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble keeping myself from laughing out loud. I can just visualize him bending over, combing his hair, and admiring the view!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:56 AM   #33
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
I like the mirror, and I use it when hooking up. Because I'm by myself, I don't have anyone back there talking to me...or yelling at me whichever the case may be...LOL I can see when I'm lined up with the jaws. I haven't looked at a Monty prior to the new nose, so I have nothing to compare it with. As for better turning with it...well, about $1500.00 later, I can say it didn't help me too much...LOL

Jan
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:05 AM   #34
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Uh-oh! I gather you bumped Jan?
Old 02-11-2007, 04:22 AM   #35
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Steve...I will keep my camera ready and hopefully I will get a picture of him!
That is always the first thing he does when he gets off the motorcycle and that mirror is low!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:34 AM   #36
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
With the Dodge I have a fold-a-cover that blocks vision of the hitch unless I raise up on my feet (difficult to do and drive) while looking back. The mirror is a definite help.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:40 PM   #37
ashlandcpa
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6686
It's a big help to me. 2007 3000RK & 2006 GMC 3500 Crew Cab Long Bed with fold a cover. Use the rear view & Monty mirrors and hook right up. The truck doesn't have a tight turning radius for final micro adjustments so I can keep my line when the pin is still a couple feet from the reese signature hitch. Don't have a good straight view of the hitch from the drivers seat so the mirror really helps. Of course all this could just mean I'm more vertically challenged than some other Montana owners.

Dave
ashlandcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:11 PM   #38
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I can't see my hitch either Dave. Guess I will have to rely on the mirror. At least some of are/or will be getting some use out of it.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:52 AM   #39
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Montana Sky

The new front cap does not bother me, but there is just something about that darn mirror that does not look right to me. I wonder if anyone has come up with something to cover it up yet? Any ideas?? I know folks have said they would be putting stickers on it, but I am thinking of something solid white to put over it...
I have an idea, and I'm not trying to be funny...but maybe you could use some velcro and affix a small "white chalk board" and use those dri-eze markers if you need to write a note about something or even a reminder. Just a thought. I know it sounds tacky....but I can't think of anything else that you could cover it with. sorry
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:00 AM   #40
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Allison,
Creative idea! I found a guy in my area who installs the 3M clear bra on vehicles. In talking with him I found out you can order that stuff in any color you want. And white is an option. He thought he should be able to cover that mirror, but without seeing it, he could not promise it would work.