Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2007, 04:19 AM   #1
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
HGTV programing for RVs

Just a heads up to those not aware... HGTV has a show scheduled to air at 9 PM on Sunday (yes, I know that's when Desperate Housewives airs) called RV: Road Home (60 min). I believe this is a one time airing - not sure. This is the 2nd show they have done at 9 on Sun nights. Two weeks ago they did one on a big 2007 RV Show.

I really like HGTV, and I have wondered why they don't do more RV shows. I think letters/emails would help. After all, RVs are strictly homes on wheels. I would think this would draw a huge North American audience...

If they would do one hour a week on our home away from home (during the RVing seasons), I can't see how that would be out of line from their mission statement...

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:36 AM   #2
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
I agree with you Dave. I would like to see a regular scheduled RS show, I think one of the networks could increase their viewer ratings a lot by having one.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:54 AM   #3
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
I know on channel 153 (OTDCH) on DISH they have "RV TV" at scheduled times but the time seems to change. Also channel 111 (DIY network, Do It Yourself) had a one hour program on sunday nights, but I do not see it listed anymore. I remember that in the late 1990's and I believe into eary 2000 there was a saturday morning/afternoon program, "RV Roadshow" I think that was the name.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:12 AM   #4
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
Funny that this topic is being discussed. I watched the program RVTV today for the first time on channel 606 on Directv. It was a very good, informative, enjoyable program. I put a topic about the program in the "On the Road" forum. They have a website, www.rvtv.ca, lists the times of the programs on different networks. Also have info on the website that should provide good reading and ideas for the RV'er.
Check it out.
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #5
KBLH
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5867
We have really enjoyed the shows so far and just noticed the one airing this Sunday....already set it up on TIVO.
KBLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:13 PM   #6
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
All I can say is my wife would watch HGTV 24/7 if she could. We also were watching the RV TODAY show, but it some how turned into reruns and have since lost track of this show.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:24 PM   #7
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
HGTV seems the logical choice for a network to get serious about RV programming. The other channels that we have watched RV shows on, have not really been serious heavy weights with financial support. They end up turning into re-runs as Native Tex mentioned.

I would love to see HGTV dive ointo this market. Seems like it would be a natural for them. They would have the resources to produce something like this.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:24 PM   #8
KBLH
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5867
I'm right there with her...HGTV 24/7....Love that network...unfortunately gotta work too.
KBLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:23 PM   #9
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Thanks for the info. I got hooked on "RV Today" about the time it went off the air.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:26 AM   #10
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Looks like HGTV is doing a "limited "series on RVing with this program. This link previewing the show will probably only be good for today, as they are promoting tonight's show, but you can poke around on the site and find info.

RV: Road Home

The video on this page is their main general program promotion. The fact that they are using it to promote this show demonstrates that they are serious about this venture. Hope so...