Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2023, 07:52 AM   #1
Trevor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #29795
Research for next November

I know that it's a long time from now but I've got a lot of time on my hands right now. I'm looking for a good campground around the Maggie Valley, Ashville NC area for next November. We have a 41' 5th wheel and have already looked at creekwood and think that the roads and sites are to tight for me to get backed in ( although we'd love to stay there ). I look at all suggestions. We're looking for peace and quiet and views of the mountains with full hookups.. thanks in advance for your help.

Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 12:26 PM   #2
Jay & Bobbie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #32306
Try this:
I have this video saved for future research. We are planning a trip out that way next fall as well.
Jay & Bobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 11:03 AM   #3
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
CG

Ok, somehow this got posted over on another post. Check this place out it’s between your two targets. https://winngraycampground.com/
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 02:41 PM   #4
Trevor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #29795
I looked it up on campground reviews, and the reviews weren’t very good. They are only rated 7.1, and by the pictures I can believe it. The spots look very close together. Unless someone comes up with something better I think that we will probably stay at Pride Resort, at least the first time , and look over the rest of them while we are there. Thanks for the recommendation cause I hadn’t heard of that one before. Keep them coming, and again thanks in advance.
Old 12-31-2023, 02:18 PM   #5
ACKLM8
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25709
Our only experience in the Asheville area was the KOA West Asheville. We thought it a nice campground, in the hills with some nice mountain views.
ACKLM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 08:39 PM   #6
mountian man

M.O.C. #24550
we stay at Pride RV Resort it's next to Creekside. the sites or good size and easy to access. We park our 38' and our friends 40' there with on problems. The manger and staff are great people.
mountian man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 04:23 AM   #7
Trevor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #29795
So far that one is on the top of my short list. I’ve read all the reviews and seen a lot of pictures, and I figured we would probably stay there , at least the first time, and check the others in person while we’re there.
Old 01-01-2024, 06:30 AM   #8
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Creekwood rv resort

We stayed there about 15 times and it is much better than pride, small park with more personality, we don’t rv any more due to age but we loved creekwood , sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 03:25 PM   #9
GT500KR
Established Member

M.O.C. #10534
RV park in Maggie Valley

Cross Creek RV Campground is Very Nice. Open May 1st to Oct 30th. Stayed there last 9 years. It is a very peaceful place. Rates are under $800.00 per month. Daily & weekly rates are higher Than a total monthly rate.

They book up early, most of time stay fully booked for Season. No bathhouses, however do have a laundry room. Again excellent Park & location.
GT500KR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 06:05 PM   #10
Trevor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #29795
I am very interested in creekwood,but we have a 41’ fithwheel and I’m very concerned about getting backed into the spaces, especially if the park is very full. As far as cross creek we will probably be there sometime in November so the will be closed. Thank y’all very much for your help and please keep it coming. No matter were we stay,we will probably visit all the other cog’s and take notes for next year.