Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2021, 08:46 PM   #1
Mistress

M.O.C. #26058
331 RL slide leak

I have a 2019 331RL with king bed slide in front. When we get a decent rain, I get water running in under the slide. I have stood in the pouring rain trying to find the source. Has anyone seen this and know where it gets in?

Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 09:51 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Could be a number of things. Check the wiper seals and make sure they aren't damaged (even on top) or channeling the water into the bottom of the slide on the bottom edges. If your slide has one of those 4" trim pieces near the bottom then the seal along the top edge could be bad and that will let water into the floor of the slide.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 09:43 AM   #3
Route66Rambler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23433
When we picked up our '19 330RL the window in the slide on the left side of the bed was leaking bad. Water ran on the floor from the bedroom and under the wall into the bathroom. I would run down the wall from the window. Had to reseal around the window twice before it stopped. Check those windows carefully. There was a little leaking on the right side window too but not nearly as bad. We hope there was no damage done while it was on the dealer's lot before we bought it.
Route66Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 02:23 PM   #4
2023331RL

M.O.C. #32679
2023 331RL Slider #1 leak issue - Figured out

20 days after we took receipt of our 5th wheel we noticed during rain we had a leak in the number 1 slider of our trailer. 3 visits by a mobile tech, and then dropped off at Camping World for 2 days and it came back still leaking. By the way, we did not get any moisture or water in when we had heavy snow though. Seemed the rain and wind together were causing the rain issue.

I decided in the meantime to look under the 5th Wheel where the leak seemed to be coming in and found that after removal of my seats and removal of the cap for the incoming electrical there indeed was moisture coming in but I wasn't sure this was the actual location. What I did was purchased a can of Flex Seal with a nozzle and after feeling with my fingers the area between the trailer floor and the bottom were soaked I'd fill that area. We didn't get any rain for some time so I had to wait to see if this were fixed.

During the wait, I was working with Keystone and they demanded I take the unit to Camping World again or they would void my warranty. Complying we dropped it off for 20 days with them. They couldn't replicate the leak. They did do a bit of work to try and find it, but nothing. We took the unit back home and sure enough after getting it home we had a huge rain storm come through and no leak!! Figure that the area where the electrical came up through the bottom of the slide hadn't been sealed properly and my putting practically a whole can of this Flex Seal must have worked.

So, if you have a leak around your slide, my suggestion is to check those areas where the electrical comes in and make sure they sealed it thoroughly.

Hope this helps others that might be experiencing this issue. I know I did look at the slide skis but they ended up not being needed. By the way, we live fulltime in our 5th Wheel.
2023331RL is offline   Reply With Quote