Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2006, 07:45 AM   #1
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
The Soap Opera Continues

As most of you know my Mother passed on on Feb 9. There was much to do and many relatives to get from airport, housed and fed. Obits to write, things to do to take care of her home. On the morning of the 15th (Wednesday) I had a heart attack. Me who thought my only health problem was my leg, who had just last March had all the heart tests and was told I was okay (when X-Raying for pneumonia they thought my heart was enlarged). Went to ER via ambulance, they transferred me to Inland Empire Heart Institute (St. Bernardine) in San Bernardino. Told me I was to have immediate surgery. On Friday morning I had a double angioplasty (stent). I missed my mothers funeral (as did Ed because he was with me). I missed sharing all the love and support from my extended family who had come from all over the US. Most of them did get to visit me in CCU but you know how that is, 2 at a time and quick. Plus I was in a fog a lot of the time. My wonderful daughters took over and finished all the arrangements and took care of everything. On Friday as the long day was winding down for them, they received a call that their (3 oldest ones) father had died. I came home on Sunday and was able to go to my Mother's burial (delayed because the National cemeteries are so busy) on Tuesday. The limo did not show up and the whole thing was late but we made it. That was yesterday and today my daughters are at their father's funeral at the Crystal Cathedral in Costa Mesa. He was very active there and was a part of the Men's Ministries. They are singing (they sang at Mother's also) and my grandson accompanies on his guitar. They harmonize like only brothers and sisters can. I am feeling okay, tired and weak, with a ton of pills to take everyday but I will be okay. I was able to spend Monday with my daughters and we did some sorting and dividing up of things but it will take months to accomplish it all. I have no siblings so I am very thankful for my girls who have been such a great help. Monty was a great guest house with everyone here. While it seems like a true soap opera (they said soaps are calmer) they were glad they were all together to support each other. One thing we did for Mother and they did for Bob also was picture boards to have at the funeral. What a great way to share memories as you search for those old pictures.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote