Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2019, 11:39 AM   #21
team bradfield
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19994
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
he is trying yo sell you something else/ The Montana quality is no better no worse that the quality of any brand in the price range.If you want a Montana get one. This is our second one and we would buy another.
This is our second Montana, we sandwiched a SOB in between, then went back to Montana, we absolutely love our unit. The floor plan is great, much higher quality compared to our 2008 Montana and the 2010 SOB

The "Black Pearl"-2017 3731FL Legacy Package
2017 F-450 Platinum, 6.7 PSD
team bradfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:11 PM   #22
Bay955
Established Member

M.O.C. #23306
Hello Iam full timing in my 2019 Montana HC it’s been good to us so far.
Bay955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:13 PM   #23
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Wish we had kept our 2010.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 01:51 PM   #24
Steve W
Established Member

M.O.C. #22958
We just purchased a 2011 3665 and love it, a real upgrade from our mid 90's Fleetwood. I just came from the rv show and like our "old" rv better than the new ones of any make, they will all have problems at times. If you like it buy it.
Dog, 2015 Black Lab
Steve W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:10 PM   #25
steiny93
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17461
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmck View Post
I'm a current Montana owner and I'd like to stay that way next month when I purchase a newer coach.The RV broker I am dealing with is a great guy, I like him a lot, but he's trying hard to convince me that Montana quality has fallen off a cliff in recent years and I need to consider other brands. Right now I'm holding firm — I want another Montana — but I need a little support here from owners of newer Montanas. So...what about it, is the quality still as high as it was when my 2011 model was built? Not trying to start a big argument, I just want to be sure I'm good to go with a newer Montana. Thank you.
ummm,
you are the customer, if you are telling the salesman you want another Montana and he is making it difficult find a different salesman

or, take the track of having him prove it

this is a Montana forum, you will get a ton of "my montana is good" responses
steiny93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:08 PM   #26
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
not so much anymore

We really liked ours up to last week, now it`s at the selling dealer with a structural issue that`s surely going to dampen our travels in the spring. Because it`s likely going to have to go back to the factory for repairs from shoddy workmanship. Oh well. If you like it buy it and role the dice.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:42 PM   #27
tobad
Established Member

M.O.C. #19626
Send a message via AIM to tobad Send a message via MSN to tobad Send a message via Skype™ to tobad
My wife and I love our 2017 375FL HC. My wife did not want the island and i did not want a slide under the awning. We have had minor issues but nothing major. I did not like the 2018 model because of the windows they added in the front of the 5th wheel. Yes storage is less as well as cabinet space but love the separation of kitchen and dining to living space. Let me add though it feels like you are in a large one bedroom apartment love the living space...so for some options you sacrifice a little to get what you want. As far as quality it looked no different then the higher price models...
tobad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:15 PM   #28
Bncweed
Established Member

M.O.C. #23050
Quality and RV are an oxymoron. These are rolling boxes subject to massive unnatural forces as they go down the road. They have come a long way but the fact still remains these coaches are not perfect. The manufacturers know this and therefore push extended warranties for a reason. Each time we have purchased an RV, the push for extended warranty was stronger than anything. The hit and miss of people actually taking the time to use the warranty most always favors the manufacturer. My Montana is about the best “quality” coach we have owned but it still comes with its problems. I’ve always carried a small hardware store on board wherever we go and it’s just how we roll. Just my 2 cents.😎
Bncweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:21 PM   #29
Byron B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18751
Quote:
Originally Posted by awheeler View Post
Unless you are willing to move-up in the price range, we feel that the Montana is the best bang for the buck. In other words, at the Montana price range there is no better rig. If you want higher quality, then move up to the Mobile Suites, but you will pay for it.

There is always something "better" if you want to spend the money.

We love our Montana.
Absolutely agree bought a 2004 Mobile Suites we still live in and bought a used 34’ Monty 3 years ago when I got tired of pulling that heavy SOB around the country. We will replace the Mobile Suites with a new one this year but it will not be used to travel.
Byron B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:59 PM   #30
Tamu320
Established Member

M.O.C. #23100
We sold our home, bought the Beautiful brand new 2017 Luxury series 3950BR, paid more for "quality". We have had nothing but one problem after another. My buddy has a Montana that is 12 yrs old and doesnt have the problems we have had. I heard that after 2017, Montana offers a bumper to bumper warranty. Dont know if that's true. We have spent thousands and have had our dream trip interrupted more than once due to problems. We still have water coming in through the right rear AC return. We wont be buying another Montana.
Tamu320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:02 PM   #31
Tamu320
Established Member

M.O.C. #23100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
We really liked ours up to last week, now it`s at the selling dealer with a structural issue that`s surely going to dampen our travels in the spring. Because it`s likely going to have to go back to the factory for repairs from shoddy workmanship. Oh well. If you like it buy it and role the dice.
What kind of structural issue? We have had several problems as well.
Tamu320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:06 AM   #32
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
not so much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamu320 View Post
What kind of structural issue? We have had several problems as well.

Well if you have a lot of problems you should post up the issues just to get it off your chest if nothing else and maybe some will give you some ideas on what to do or how to deal with it. Like everyone else on here we like the camper until it breaks, and if it`s more than the occasional failure of part that just needs to be replace with a new one one can become frustrated to the point of distraction trying to get a competent person to deal with the repair in a reasonable amount of time.
I fix everything and pay for the parts to avoid the dealer and their certified techs at all costs. It`s cheaper and far far far less stressful. These units aren`t put together buy the brightest light bulbs in the box so you can fix 98% of the problems. The how to`s are out there, just read.
My latest issue I can`t handle and will likely go back to the factory for removal of the outside skin in front of the bedroom slide which has to come out to complete. Member "Golfmedik" had the exact same issue that I am having now with broken welds on the wall studs that is allowing the nose to sag and break the glue joints loose when raising and lowering the camper on the hitch. I was going to trade it for a Grand Design Front Living and just eat the depreciation to avoid dealing with this and stick some one with it but my wife reminded me that there is enough ass***es out there don`t join the club.
I hate it when that woman is right.

Look up "Golfmedik" on this forum board and read the 15 pages of posts about his issues if you have a free afternoon. Just don`t drink a lot of coffee before you do.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote