Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2015, 03:02 PM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I set mine in the shade the sun on the tires will raise the pressure by several PSI. We have three digital tire gauges and they all read different. The error increases as the PSI setting increases. We chose one of the gauges and set to read 110PSI at the TST monitor in the truck we then note what the PSI reads on the gauge in this case 114PSI now we know what to set the tire PSI at. It takes some time but you can take the TST monitor out of the truck and use it to set each tire.. When I started one side of the Montana was in the shade and the other in the sun and there was a PSI difference of 4PSI.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:19 PM   #22
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Not sure how this thread went from valve stems to lug nuts, but to answer the question on torque, if you have Dexter axles and have 1/2 X 20 threaded studs, the torque will probably be 120 lb ft. Not real sure what was spec'd out for an 03 Montana, but you should verify with the manual or call whoever made the axles to be sure.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:34 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It looks like we have all good valve stems now with the replacement of the last OEM stem .I had posted before that we had 4 Good?? digital pressure gauges and they all read different as well as the gauge the GY folks used to set the PSI on the tire they replaced the stem on. This AM I chose one of my digital gauges for the benchmark settings and using the TST Monitor set the tire pressures at 105PSI.It is easy to do as you only need set one tire. The PSI as read on the gauge was 109 psi to see 105 PSI on the TST gauge now I know have my benchmarks.

Setting in the shade is critical.

The TST system is new to us .We had the Pressure pro for 9 years and it served us well no complaints it is a good system. It was less expensive to purchased a new TST system with 6 sensors than is was to purchase 6 new sensors for the pressure pro system. We had 9 years on the batteries and we felt we were pushing our luck. The TST system is also a very good system I would recommend both systems and also recommend that you have one of them.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:09 AM   #24
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Yes, pressure gauges are all over the map. We bought new tires for the TV last year. When we got in the truck the monitor read that all six tires were 12 - 15 lbs. low. I double checked a couple of them with our hand held to find that it matched our monitor. We asked the tire dealer to recheck. Their gauge showed the correct pressure. When we pointed out the error, they used our gauge to put in the correct pressure. Don't know what they did with their gauge.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:20 AM   #25
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

We got Stainless lug nuts from Tredit Tire at a reasonable price. The only problem was that I no more than put them on than we went to IS and disk brakes and had to buy larger stainless lug nuts from Morryde.
Be careful purchasing S/S lug nut I purchased from Tredit when I bought new wheel and tire. What i received was chrome plated caps on steel nuts. Check out what you are getting.
shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 02:38 PM   #26
WaltandLynne
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10151
I need new metal valve stems because the ones I have leak and I need longer ones for my TPMS. Does anyone have a source for metal valve stems and what diameter and length did you get?

Thanks for the help.

Walt
WaltandLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 01:26 AM   #27
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Walt, we needed curved valve stems for our TPMS. Searched numerous auto and truck parts stores without success. We finally found a NAPA store with a friendly clerk who scoured a multitude of catalogs in the back and found two pages of valve stems. He copied the two pages and suggested that I take them to my tire dealer to determine which was the correct stem for my application. The proper stems were ordered from NAPA, delivered the next day and installed the day after.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote