Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2014, 04:03 AM   #1
ourturn
Established Member

M.O.C. #12191
Rollers Under Bed

Hello,

Apologies, but once again I am not able to find this issue on past forums, although I know it has happened to others. Need a lesson in searching forum, but that is another post.

We have a 3750 FL. We have a king bed in one of the slides that has a roller under each side of the bed to facilitate the movement of the bed as the slides open or close. Appears one of the rollers has collapsed.

Any recommendations from those who have repaired this issue? Also, is this an indicator that there is too much weight in the storage area of this slide?

Thanks!

ourturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:37 AM   #2
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
I am not sure there was a topic specific to this problem but we had our king bed and frame pull away from the wall, the slide would go out but not the bed. I rebuilt that area and when doing so found both wheels to be just as poorly installed as the rest of the frame and both had twisted and all screws were loose.
Here is a picture of what I did to resolve my issue, it involves removing the bed frame and adding the additional 1 x 2, it is glued and screwed in place. Originally there were only 5/8" screws holding the wheels to the frame. I now have screws long enough to go up into the additional support plate.

[/URL]

The King bed is heavy to move but I did the work myself so it can be done.

Good luck

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:46 PM   #3
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Thanks for the useful post! I'll be keeping this fix in mind in case I ever need it. Just changed over from a king to a queen. More room on each side.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Irlpguy

I am not sure there was a topic specific to this problem but we had our king bed and frame pull away from the wall, the slide would go out but not the bed. I rebuilt that area and when doing so found both wheels to be just as poorly installed as the rest of the frame and both had twisted and all screws were loose.
Here is a picture of what I did to resolve my issue, it involves removing the bed frame and adding the additional 1 x 2, it is glued and screwed in place. Originally there were only 5/8" screws holding the wheels to the frame. I now have screws long enough to go up into the additional support plate.

[/URL]

The King bed is heavy to move but I did the work myself so it can be done.

Good luck

CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:35 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
My thanks also, I'm now ready when and if the problem arises.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:18 AM   #5
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I adapted an alternate design from a SOB ... screwed the bed roller directly to the floor. The bed frame slides on top of the roller.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:48 PM   #6
ourturn
Established Member

M.O.C. #12191
Thanks Iripguy and Dieselguy. The pic was a great help too. Already wrestled the mattress off to reinforce the siding of the beds. We had a new mattress made that is heavier than the original. That with the quality workmanship we all have seen, guarantees plenty of future projects I guess.
ourturn is offline   Reply With Quote