Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2004, 05:42 PM   #21
Virgil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1457
Dennis:
I agree with the earlier comments that the sofa sleeper can be a bit of a pain when extended out but as another posting suggested, you can work around that. In my humble opinion, I wouldn't use it as an excuse not to pick the 2955RL. I am not sure about others, but 99% of the time, it is only my better half and I occupying the trailer. I have actually turned the sofa bed to open toward the dining table. If you do that, you have a good bit of clearance to get beside the bed and counter at the sink area. You can access the camper door and not jar the bed on the way in or out. It is fairly easy to move. Good luck.
Virg

Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 02:32 AM   #22
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mobrownies

You have ordered a great truck. I think you will be happy with it. Regarding air bags, they may help the truck ride level, but they don't increase the weight ratings. You will need to watch the pin weight with the 2500HD, especially if you travel with more than two people or add alot of extras to your truck. I recommend that you get actual pin weights on any trailer you are seriously considering. Don't go by the published literature as the Keystone units are alot heavier than they advertise.
Question..
How do you get "actual pin weight"? or.. barring that, since some of you have it already, what is the pin weight of the 3295? How much did the company fudge from the 2300 stated?
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 02:47 PM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
You have to remember we are fulltiming and are very heavily loaded. Our 3295RK scaled at 13,980 lbs the last time it was on scales. We've since offloaded some things but haven't re-weighed it. At that weighing the pinweight on ours was 3120 lbs. If I recall, when we were weekending the pinweight was in the neighborhood of 2700-2800 and total rig weight was around 12,500.

The easiest way to get pinweight is to weigh the truck with Montana in tow but Montana axles off the scales. Then weigh the truck without the Montana (you can just drop the landing gear and lift the Montana off the hitch - make sure the landing gear is off the scale). the difference is the pinweight.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 03:37 AM   #24
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome Dennis and Marian,
I have the 2500 HD Chevy and it pull my 2980rl just fine without the airbags. I agree with Srigle, Everything has issues, but who stand behind them is the key. You have time, check things out. I'm a happy camper.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote