Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2010, 06:13 AM   #1
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Washing 5th Wheel

I just wash off the black streaks off the 5th wheel. Is there any place I can rinse the Hiway grim off the unit when I get to Bakersfield or Palm Springs area. The I-5 from the Canadian border to central California looks wet so everything will need a rinse when I get down to that area.

hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:14 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Don,
Are you going over the Grapevine?

If you are then the easiest place to rinse it off would be the big truck stop south of Bakersfield. I believe the truck stops are located at exit number 219. I think there is a truck type wash on both sides of the freeway. I think the one on the west side is a Pilot. Can't remember the name of the stuff on east side. If you're going east over thru Tehachapi then there is a big truck washer located at either the Oswell or Weedpatch Hwy exits. I'm pretty sure it is located at the Weedpatch exit.
Good luck. And see you soon.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #3
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Thanks Dennis I am planning to go east out of Bakersfield to Victorville. I should be in Bakersfield on Friday the 15th. Then to Desert Hot Springs on Saturday. We hope Bandit is feeling better.
Don
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Don,
OK on your east bound trip. Probably the truckwash on Weedpatch Hwy would be your best bet. I believe there is a wash on both sides of the freeway. I've never stopped there but see them as we come and go. We always take the 58 if we're going to AZ or any points that direction.

We took the I-5 years ago and the traffic in the LA area was simply too much for us. We would take the 210 and then hookup to the 10. After a couple of times that direction we decided we'd rather take the 58.

Bandit is almost back to normal. Sure don't like that those kinds of surprises. But at least he is better.

Don have a great trip and we'll see you in Q. If you need any further info about the Bakersfield area just drop me a note.

Later,
Dennis
Old 01-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
Don

If you are coming down I-5 there is a truck wash at exit 46 in Lost Hills right across the street from the Loves gas station. I noticed it while filling up this afternoon. We are in Bakersfield at the Bakersfield R V Resort right now. See you at Q.

Rich
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #6
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Don: another option in Bakersfield is the Orange Grove RV Resort. They have wash area there where you can get some exercise and erase those black marks all at the same time. What a deal!!!

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #7
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Don,
As we left Bakersfield this PM we checked at the Weedpatch Hwy truck stop and they have a complex for washing big rigs.... we counted at least 5 bays. It is located on the southeast corner of Weedpatch Hwy and 58.

But if the Orange Grove has a wash station that would be where I'd do the washing. Good to know Butch. Thanks for the info.

See the Q folks tomorrow PM.
Dennis