Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Another Sunny Day (not)

Wonderful weather here in sunny warm Byron NY. A balmy 37, driving rain and 40 mph wind. Gee I hope winter gets here soon so it will warm up a bit. We should be leaving here Monday for the frozen tundra of south Georgia. We need that cold... Dave

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Time to get out of Byron!
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
I envy you Dave. We just traveled to the East and are in Elkhart, IN heading back to Washburn on Lake Superior. We won't be leaving for the warm climes until after Christmas. Just can't convince Grandma to do the celebrating at Thanksgiving and head South early. So far in our trip back the temps aren't bad, but it is rainy and we had hoped to get in a round of golf tomorrow as it won't be until January and we are in the RGV for a round. Have safe travels.

Dave
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
And you tried to get me to come up there Dave!!!!! Time to head south!!!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Exnavydiver

Wonderful weather here in sunny warm Byron NY. A balmy 37, driving rain and 40 mph wind. Gee I hope winter gets here soon so it will warm up a bit. We should be leaving here Monday for the frozen tundra of south Georgia. We need that cold... Dave
How did you get our Mich weather over there??? We are out of here Mon AM for the reasons below on the weather stickers...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:59 PM   #6
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

It sounds like you are in Kentucky!
Old 10-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #7
mcgiver2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2389
Well sounds like fun weather there just have a safe trip down south.........
mcgiver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:00 AM   #8
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
How close are you to Buffalo? Buffalo only has two seasons, winter and the 4th of July!
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:57 AM   #9
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
We just got rid of that weather here in Iowa. I was wondering what is that bright light that is in the sky? It is just cold now. We also will be glad when we can head to the RGV. We had over 2 inch of rain. Have fun in the south.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Both A/C's are running at full blast here at Mouse Mountain near Disney world. Feels like we are back In The Cleveland area in Mid August. Hot and can't go outside humid. NWS says 88...under the awning says 93..we can deal with it...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #11
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Only 78 with low humidity (Fla. folks won't know what that is) here in Hurricane, Utah. Just a gorgeous day.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:48 AM   #12
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Well Dave the weather here at the View has been wet and rainy but not cold. We are loaded and ready to roll. Just trying to get two days with no rain. Don't really like running in the rain. But we will be in Gulf Shores on the 30th of Oct. Checked our reservations yesterday and we did get the 80' site which all are concrete but we wanted to be able to park Freightliner and Chevy HHR on the same site. Dave are you going to Key West? GBY.......
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #13
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
D&L we will be leaving NY tomorrow or the day after and heading for Savannah, Ga. We didn't get the Camp Host job in KW so we will head down there in late April or early May for a month. The rest of the winter is up in the air. Had a great time here with Kathy and Dave and got his new self adjusting brakes and wet bolts installed yesterday and today. Tired but still had a great time... Dave and Betsy
Old 10-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #14
KathyandDave
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
More than brakes and bolts, we also did the JT's and the awning adjuster arms the day before. Dave says he's tired, but he outran me! He also plays Chicken Toes very vigorously. Ironically, the weather turned beautiful in Byron as we were leaving. We stopped in Buffalo and it was 70 degrees! Heading north toward home, the temp dropped 20 degrees, so we were shivering as we dropped the trailer off for the winter
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #15
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Well Dave you better come south as the temp in bonita springs , fl is just rite for sharon and i ... we like the heat a lot better than the cold ... it mite hit 90 at the tops in the day but the morning and evening s are super.. sharon wants to go to St Augistine in may this year but we still will go to tampa at the show time.. the people across the street are in KW now for the big weekend coming up as they are in a condo at the gladotor rite near the base i guess ,,, he said it s a big party sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:51 AM   #16
nunya
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6756
woke up this morning here in Moab,Utah and there is 2 inches of lovely snow on the ground! It sure looks pretty with the red rocks as a backdrop. Life is still Good..........enjoy it.
nunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:08 AM   #17
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
This thread is now useless as we are now in Gettysburg and the weather is sunny although extremely wet from the rain last night. We are finally headed south...Dave P.S. and it is warm also...
Old 10-28-2009, 05:55 AM   #18
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
It's 54 degrees at this moment here in Omaha! Just perfect for some camping but the Monte has been put to bed for the winter UNLESS we decide to head out later for a southern run to "warm country" in January or so! That may not happen either since we found out we are going to be Grandma and Grandpa again come February or March!! Sounds like you've been kept busy but I can't see you ever just sitting around Dave! Take care and will talk at you later! P.S. If you need more hedge apples/osage oranges just let me know! We got plenty!!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #19
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It is tongue hanging out hot and humid here in Florida. Can't go outside. The wheel on my electice meter is turning so fast I can't see it. When will it end......when will it end....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #20
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Dave we are rolling South and are in Pelham, Ala. just South of Smoke city. Off came the Long legged jeans and back in Short Legged paints. We actually wasn't planing on going South till Saturday but the weather changed our plans. At the View we are about 14" above normal. Yes its been week and cool, oh well Global warming or Climate change what ever word they are using today. I had rather be using those famous words "GO WEST Young Man" well maybe next year. GBY...

P.S. The ride down was great, the Freightliner makes the ride awesome, just floating on Air. Just guiding and riding. And the Chevy HHR chased us all the way here, I guess we will keep it.
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote