Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2008, 01:43 PM   #1
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
Ohio's Hurricaine, Sunday 9/14

Anyone caught out in this past Sunday evenings central Ohio windstorm? Mary and I were at the Columbus Zoo around 4PM this past Sunday when the wind started up with gusts of up to 75MPH for the next 4 hours. On our way to the parking lot we were dodging flying trash cans and remnants of at least one vendors stand. I helped one lady with her children and stroller, she grabbed the children and I took the stroller to her car for her. I was curious to hear if anyone was out with their rig during this storm.

I was glad the Monty was sitting out back around 7 Sunday night when we lost power. Mary and I boondocked in the back yard after the winds died down. Many folks are still without power throughout the entire state and very few schools have been holding classes. The school district I work for has not had classes for the last two days and may not have any tomorrow. Columbus Public has been out as well.

Let me know it anyone was caught out in this mess. Jon

rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Northern Ohio got the same.. It was not bad for us but there are many trees down and still some power outages.It was surprising that it was still so strong way up here. We do have a pile branches that were torn off our trees in the back yard but no big deal.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:24 PM   #3
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
We are in Fairborn at Wright Patterson AFB and we got hit pretty hard. I was at the air museum when it started and Cathy was home in the trailer. She was able to get the sat dish down but our 22ft fiberglass flag pole snapped in half. That was the only damage we sustained. Several large tree limbs came down but didn't hit anyone. We lost power until about 3pm yesterday. Glad I had the Honda Generator, at least we had partial power. Some had none. Beautiful day today though....Headed to Elkhart tomorrow to the MorRyde Plant, Hopefully we will be at the fairgrounds come Friday evening for the Rally. See everyone then.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
We are the Gypsy Journal rally here in Celina, Ohio. We arrived here about 12.00 Sunday afternoon. About an hour later the wind came. It shook th trailer something fierce. It ruined one vender's tent that he had set up. We had branches down all over the place. No trailers or coaches were damaged. A lot of dirt plastered on the sides. Washed ours Monday morning. This is a great rally with a lot of seminars.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:28 AM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We were at the Gypsy Journal Pre-Rally with our Escapee friends but had to leave on Saturday. We had helped our friends Smokey and Pam put their big tent up on Friday and had a party in it Friday night. What a bummer but I understand some of the metal roofs blew off the buildings at the fair grounds too. I am so thankful nobody got hurt.

Even on saturday we battled high cross winds across Iowa and Indiana and heavy rain as we got into Illinois. We finally pulled off and stopped for the day only to wake up to more rain in the morning and continue the rest of our trip to Minnesota but at least the winds died down.

Enjoy the GJR ronstan. Wish we could hae stayed for it. What a great bunch of people.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:58 AM   #6
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
We were at East Harbor State Park in Marblehead, OHio when this hit. WInds, and no power in the campground.
Then we got home in Delaware, just north of Columbus, and the shingles on our garage are nearly all off. And
some off of the house! Nothing really terrible, cause we are physically OK. We got our power back at home at 1 on
Sunday afternoon. Son and family in Houston are still without power and have no idea when it will be restored.
Schools here are still off but I think that's caused by the roads being blocked by power lines and trees. Seems
like the southeastern part of the state are suffering due to no power even now.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote