Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2020, 03:15 PM   #1
just doug

M.O.C. #26707
Is Montana 3740FK a good coach?

Currently the 3740FK are pretty well discounted. Ive found a couple that I'm considering but because the model is now discontinued I'm wondering if it was for poor sales or some other reason. I know when Montana released the front kitchen models a few years ago it had sort of a flagship model feel to the release so seeing the first model, and now the latest version the 3740 become discontinued I'm wondering if there is an issue with the coach or if its just the normal cycle of things.

Any recommendations?

just doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 03:34 PM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I think it's the normal cycle of things. Our last travel trailer was a Keystone Outback 298RE. That specific model had been around for about 8 years (or so). Before we purchased our current Montana, we were wanting to trade our old Outback 298RE for a new one, we loved it that much. But when I started searching, I found out they were no longer being manufactured, and if it meant purchasing another one, I'd have to go used. So why would I have gained to sell ours for another identical used. We just kept ours and I did some small changes and fixes and kept it for another year, until the Fifth Wheel came into our lives.

Just because the model is discontinued does not mean you won't get support. All the parts inside that camper are the same parts inside every other. If the one you are looking at is new, you'll still get the warranties and if you pay, all the bells and whistles you want.

The front kitchen is still very lucrative in the Keystone Alpine. More than likely, Keystone decided the Alpine front kitchen was a better seller than the Montana front kitchen and decided to change the production emphasis. Alpine won on that one.

If this is the floor plan you like and the price is what you are willing to accept, then that's really all that matters. You'll still have support at your local dealership, the warranties are still the same, and you'll enjoy the camper, maybe even a little more knowing you purchased it for a little less.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 04:53 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Many of us passed on the FK even though we liked the look because large folks can't really make the booth work for them.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:04 AM   #4
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
That big window in the front seems it would be a great heat contributor.... Good Coach? We have not had good luck with ours...
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 01:22 PM   #5
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
Welcome to the forum. If you like the price and design then buy it. The good and bad quality is the same in all the Montana's. It may have not been a popular model and that's why Keystone discontinued the model but who knows. Whether the model was popular or not when it comes to resale i would think most people are looking more for how clean and how well maintained the rv is. Hope you have many years of safe and memorable travels.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 08:42 PM   #6
Bmw22555
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25290
We love our 3740fk,
Bmw22555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 09:07 PM   #7
Bmw22555
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25290
We love it, but have had many problems, almost something every trip
Bmw22555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 07:58 AM   #8
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw22555 View Post
We love it, but have had many problems, almost something every trip
Our last trip the big slide broke again. We had to go back home..2700 in repairs.
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 09:18 AM   #9
Andy Smith
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25951
I looked at one, liked the idea of the front kitchen and booth, but it seemed cramped. I needed a place to work from home, and the flow just wasn't great for me.
Old 03-07-2022, 09:30 AM   #10
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
There is really much difference in the quality of these campers. One is built about as well as another. If you like the way this unit is built and it fits your needs and it’s in good condition buy it.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote