Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2020, 06:53 PM   #1
Billyj571
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26029
Double pane windows

Does anyone have them ??? Cons and Pros Please

Billyj571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 07:25 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I don’t know how to copy a thread link on an iPad- but search for “double pane windows” and there has been lots of discussion. The screen shot below shows a good one from the last few months.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4DA1C07B-C0CD-49B2-8E3E-38335C1ADB0A.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	6040  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 07:42 PM   #3
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Like said ... do a search and you'll find previous threads, but I'll answer to get lively conversation started on opposing opinions again. Had them on my last 2 fivers and wouldn't buy another without them. I fully understand that RV dual panes are not made the same as stick house dual panes and are not as efficient. They do make a difference in heating and cooling to some degree. Where they really shine is almost nonexistent condensation on the windows in winter while running the heater. The one advantage that I never would have guessed till I had dual panes is "reduced campground noise". It's amazing how they reduce most all noise from a noisy neighbor as compared to single panes. Now an open framed generator ... you'll still hear those. But, you'd hear one of those if you had no windows at all on your fiver. Some of the naysayers don't realize the cold air you still feel falling away from the windows in winter is mostly coming from the aluminum window frames. Same goes for the heat radiating in the summer ... just touch a window frame. They weigh a bit more, but not enough to make a difference to most anyone's personal habits. In conclusion ... money well spent.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:47 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Had them in the old rig and not in the new one. Agree with Diesel Guy on the sound, don't have the moisture problem because we winter in NM and moisture is hard to come by.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 11:18 PM   #5
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
I have had three RV’s with out them. One of those three actually had storm windows, not sealed but about an inch gap between them. Unit was a Vanguard made in North Battleford in Canada. Last two had the double pane windows. Specially ordered on my Montana. While not perfect the easy test that I showed my wife was to go into a unit with single pane windows with the sun shining through it on a warm sunny day. Felt like a ant under a magnifying glass. Went into a different unit next with thermal pane/dual pane and it was like night and day difference. I also agree to the noise reduction along with it being a lot more evened temperature in the unit.
If I ever get another unit it will definitely have dual pane windows again.

Tom Marty

Tom Marty
Old 04-18-2020, 07:20 AM   #6
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
We have them. Love them. They help stop sound transfer. THEY ARE NOT GAS FILLED, So no worry about blown seals. We do not get the condensation on the windows in the mornings or when its cold out and it only adds about 200 pounds to the weight. We think there worth the money.
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote