Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2006, 04:25 AM   #1
RADHAZJOE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3149
Demco Glide Ride

Has anyone tried this? Does it help?

It looks easy to install and is relatively inexpensive. It replaces the pinbox on Monty and Demco says it is compatible with reese hitches.

RADHAZJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:10 AM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Last week when in Bastrop, Tx. with fellow MOC'er Cruzin 2 (Larry Hummel) he showed me the Demco pin box he has on his Mountaineer. According to him it really helps on smoothing out the ride. Don't remember for sure his hitch, maybe a Draw-Tite. He is currently in the RGV and I assume without internet access as I have not heard from him or seen him post since we left Bastrop.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:18 PM   #3
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Because of pin box/hitch height problems I have been doing alot of searching for the best pin box upgrade for my 3400RL. According to info on the Internet, Hitchhiker has decided to provide the Glide-Ride pin box instead of the Mor/ryde pin box.

I have also learned that after-market pin boxes are not necessarily dimensionally the same as the OEM unit. For the most part, they will all bolt up correctly. The difference is in where the king pin will reside with repect to the trailer. For example, typically, the Mor/ryde pin box will place the king pin about 1" lower than the OEM unit. This will make the trailer ride about 1" higher than before - unless this can be adjusted out by repositioning the hitch. I have been "told" that the Glide-Ride allows the trailer to ride about 3/4" lower.

Check into the numbers before you buy.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:26 PM   #4
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
By the way Radhazjoe,

What year is your 3400RL? And, please let me know the part number of the pin box mounted on your 3400RL. There should be a label on the top front of the pin box that shows the Lippert part number.

Glide-Ride makes 2 units that can mount to the Montana - the LCI1116 and the LCI1716. One of these is the part number you will need in placing an order for the correct pin box.

I am trying to decide which pin box part number to order.

Thanks, Rick.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote