Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2006, 05:28 AM   #21
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
We also have a "06 3400rl. I use the end table for setting drinks on and the drawer for stowing all the remotes. There is plenty of light at that end of the coach, but I love the lamp light, it just seems more homey than the other lights and we also leave it on if we're going to be gone till after dark. Have fun at the show!

wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:13 AM   #22
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
On the subject of switching sofa and chairs. Thr slide will close if you take the sofa cushions off. Ours is also a hide a bed. We put the cushions on either side of the chairs and one in between the chairs. Keeps the chairs from moving. We like the arrangement because the TV viewing is better from the chairs now and you can still see it from the sofa. It also worked better when I had a large project going on the computer, I could lay my stacks of papers or binders on the sofa and still reach them from the computer desk. We keep coasters and a flash light in the drawer of the little table. Secure the drawer or take it out before moving. Ours came out part way and got caught in the slide the first time we moved. Fixable but scared us.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:29 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Sue.. Yes the bird talks,It has a pretty good vocabulary for the breed.It says my name very clearly..Richard, Richard followed by a string of unintelligible bird words which I know are bird curse words.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:44 AM   #24
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I think the reason that Sue is able to relocate her sofa and recliners is back in 04 and early 05 Keystone had a different sofa they used. Once they got rid of the Big Sky model they chose to use that sofa in the traditional Montana which is not as long but is deeper. I am 6' tall and can lay all the way across on my sofa, I tried to lay on the sofa in a 06 model a few weeks ago and my feet hang off the ends. Just a thought.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:08 PM   #25
mfoss
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2923
We have the 05 3400 and we put the sofa at the end and the recliners by the dinette. It looks much homier to us and also to the rest of our family who saw it both ways. We put a coffee table in front of the sofa and use the small table with a purchased lamp between the recliners. When we put the slides in we don't have to take the cushions off the sofa. We do slide the recliners back a couple of inches as we pull them out a bit when we use them so as not to bump the curtains. I think we may take out 2 of the dining chairs when we leave for an extended time just to make it feel more roomy. I have a long runner that goes from the door to the end of the counter. The backing on the rug is a stiff jute and I know it is eventually going to be hard on the carpet without something between it and the carpet. I've found something I can use but thought maybe one of you have your own solution to this problem. TIA
mfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:13 AM   #26
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Ed is 6' also and can lay on our sofa. We are an early 05. There is also going to be a difference in the hide a bed and the jack knife. I think if I spend enough time and really push the sofa cushions in real tight we wouldn't have to remove them. However, last time I tried I broke a fingernail so for me it is easier to take the cushions off. Besides I like the idea of them between and at the end of the chairs so they don't swivel.
Happy trails............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote