Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2004, 06:43 PM   #1
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Water closet window

There is just a few things I would like to have seen in my 3400RL. The main one being a small window in the water closet. Having a window that would open to allow fresh air and light in would do two things in my opinion. One help make the closet feel larger than it is, second by having a window that opened one could use that instead of the noisy fan in the roof vent. I have noticed every once and a great while if the wind is blowing just the right direction and speed I can get a small amount of the black tank smell coming from the roof vent into the closet area. Having a window on the side of the coach in my opinion would almost fix this problem 100%. The next thing I would have liked to seen involves the fender flare on the sofa, table slide out as you walk out the enterance door. There hast to be a way to cut that extra piece in half (like you did on the kitchen slide) that would allow the slide to come out and not have a chance of a guest walking out of the coach and ripping that fender flare right off. Third and final, it would have been nice to have a heater and a/c vent in the water closet for climate control.

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:08 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Montana Sky, in the absence of a window (yes, that would be nice to have) you can easily replace that noisy fan with a much quieter 12v computer case fan that also draws air at a higher rate. We put one in ours two years ago and this would probably be my first 'improvement' if we were to get a new rig. We used the same switch and reused one of the mounting holes. I drilled two small holes in the cross braces so three corners are locked down. Easy change done from up on the roof.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 12:09 PM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I just commented to Lorraine this morning about replacing that noisy fan. Steve you almost had me headed out to the 'puter store to get that case fan. That was until I read the last sentence. "Easy change done from up on the roof." I don't do up on the roof.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:17 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Glenn, you probably could do it from below if you remove the surround and screen. I'm not sure how you'd remove the screws in the old fan from below, though. Come on over to Kansas City and I'll help you with it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 09:37 PM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Steve,
Thanks for the idea, will have to add that to the dewinterization list of things to upgrade before the coach goes back to the lake for the summer. I wonder about a fantastic fan with the rain sensor on it. Has anyone installed one in the water closet? Will be at the dealership tomorrow, will have to ask if that is possible.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:18 PM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
The water closet room is cold or hot. No doubt about it. Mine has no heat register nor AC duct. It does have a large opening at the bottom of the door. We, like several others, have learned to leave the door open just a crack to allow air to circulate into the "little room". This works just fine for the relatively short amount of time one spends in this particular room. Now I know some of us spend much more time in there than others..... but still it is a relatively short time compared to the rest of the rooms.

Add a register or duct if you must but do so on your own so you don't jack up the price for the rest of us.. From what's been described it sounds like it would be a easy improvement to make if you really need/want it.
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote