Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Help!!!!!!!!!

Is there anyone out there who has replaced their stereo receiver?
I need help with suggestions on what to replace with. Make, Model number and where was it purchased. Thanks!
Jack

jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
wingerphil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6570
replaced ours with an RCA unit from Walmart, not sure of the model # but I can get it if you need it. The unit we bought was similier to the existing one with DVD, stereo, surround sound. We really dont use it for much other than playing an occasional DVD so if you use yours alot you may want something a little nicer although this unit has now lasted longer than the one Keystone put in.

wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:24 AM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I would think any good home theater system would work, some have goten the Samsung units, some sony,rca and others. Wally has most of them.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:32 AM   #4
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Jack,
I bought a Samsung C550 not quite 2 years ago. I paid $220, speakers and sound is somewhat better than the factory.

I had a few reasons for replacing mine. I wanted multiple HDMI inputs as getting a second HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV (through the wall) wasn't easy. In replacing the unit, I wanted to keep the same wiring for the speakers (color coded plug style) and the matching features with the Samsung TV. Otherwise I would have considered other brands.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
This question and a lot of ideas have been tossed around a lot on the forum. Members have picked up several different models from $200-$400. Wallmart or Sam's Club offer the best deals. Check around to see which one is best for you. It is an individual option. Good Luck
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Anything would be an improvement.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #7
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Thanks everyone for the replies!
Ken, thats exactly the information I needed.
Say hi to Stanley for me,Oh yeah, Marilyn too!
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I went to Best Buy and bought a Panasonic blu-ray DVD/5.1 home theater system. Best Buy had several brands and models, blu-ray and standard DVD, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, etc. We already had a number of blu-ray DVDs at home so I spent a little extra for that. Bought the Panasonic because it was the closest in size to my original and my cabinet opening in which it was installed is fairly small.
Used the new speakers with the existing wiring. Sounds much better than the original. Does not have the feature to drive the bedroom speakers though. But we never used those anyway.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:28 AM   #9
sfish
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10234
LG was the only one I could find that the speaker wires would just plug in without splicing. I am happy with it. I bought it on Amazon last year. They also have them at Wal-Mart.
sfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #10
RJI47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6002
Send a message via AIM to RJI47 Send a message via Yahoo to RJI47
I replaced mine with a Sony blu-ray from the Sony outlet nearby. It was a pretty much direct replacement and came with wireless capability so we can still get Netflix while on the road. The only thing we gave up over the original one was the FM radio, but never used it anyway. I used the original speakers which seem to be ok. Good luck with yours.
RJI47 is offline   Reply With Quote