Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #1
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
passport america or campclub USA?

Anyone have a comparison between these two plans. Are the parks pretty much equal in quality?

illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Sorry, can't do a comparison. This is the first trip we have used PA. We have found all the CGs to be good. The one we are in now has huge sites with some right on the lake. It is quiet, gated, with many amenities including fishing in either of the two lakes. PA price -- $12.50 per day for 3 days.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:51 AM   #3
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
It has been quite awhile ago, but I recall comparing CGs listed for each and they seemed to have the same member CGs. I am PA member and with this comparison I didn't join Campclub, USA.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:48 AM   #4
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Illapah, not being a member of CampClub, USA, I can't compare them. We have been with Pass Port for quite a few years and use them a lot. What I've heard was they have a lot of the same cgs listed.
However, I will tell you if you decide to join PP, use me, Steve Emmel as a reference and I get $10 towards my next years dues. Remember, then , from the time you join, when you recommend someone to join, you get the $10 towards your membership dues. When I renewed this year, I had $30 to use for that purpose and some members had even more.
Go to their websites and compare the cgs listed to get an idea if one has more cgs that you would use over the other club.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:08 AM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Illapah,
I also only have PA and have been very satisfied with the CG's. You really have to look at the write up of each CG to establish how long you can stay at the PA price. I have been at some where it is only 3 days, and on up to indefinitely. Some of the ones I have stayed at will combine the PA price with other discounts. Since PA only cost $44, and say you stay at a CG that the normal price is $25 a night, you get your money back in 4 nights at $12.50 a night. The rest is gravy. Even the one-nighters are good when you are traveling from point A to point B with stopovers.

Good luck. If you are going to use anyone as a reference when you join you will need their PA Member Number.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:16 AM   #6
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Wayne, you are correct about the members number. That made me get up and run out to the truck for my card, only to find out it wasn't there. So, I then did a search in the camper and to no avail! And to beat all, I just sent my renewal form in this morning and that had my number on it!. So, Wayne, by all means, give Illapah your number so you can get the credit if they join.
Illapah, we have friends that were going to stay at Artillery Ridge cg in Gettysburg Pa, we told them about P.P. and they saved $88 the first time they used it. And yes, I did get the $10 referral towards my dues, it's that easy.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:06 AM   #7
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
I can't compare, but PA will pay for it's annual fee in three of four nights.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Emmel, If you insist.

Illapah,
My PA American Member number is:
C-477540

If emmel finds his number before you sign up, and if you sign up, please use his. If you have someone else's number to use that you know, please use their number. Mine is available for anyone that wants to use it to sign up.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Passport America, Campclub USA, Happy campers,All have 50% off campgrounds and i would say that 80/85% of them share the same campgrounds. Escapees also has some 50% off Campgrounds. We do not belong to Campclub USA But do belong to all the others. If you travel a lot, and we do, the chance are that you will find a suitable 50% off C.G is very high. Although we pay dues to all of the discount organizations we make up the dues on all of them in a very short time.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #10
mobrownies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #886
We have both Passport America and Campclub USA. Both have paid for themselves this year. If we had to choose one, it would be Passport America. It seems like a lot of the Campclub parks are in Passport also, but Passport has a larger selection. We may not renew our Campclub membership.
mobrownies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:35 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That is good information mobrownies. We are big fans of the 50% off discount clubs as we travel enough for them to more than pay for themse
lves.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote