Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2006, 05:24 AM   #1
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Quick Time and Firefox

My Firefox installation will not play any videos. For example, if I go to tinypic.com and select "videos", the page will display the still imiages of several videos. If I selcet a video to view, I end up with the proper page, but only a small picture of a broken piece of film where the video should be playing.

Also, frequently a small still image which is part of a website will try to load, but I cannot view it. Instead, I get a message on the page stating that I need some sort of Q.T extension and there is a link to the QT website to download it. I go there and there is nothing relating to that extension or to Firefox on the Q.T. web site.

I have even uninstalled Firefox and then Q.T, then reinstalled Firefox by itself, and the problem(s) remain. Firefox is looking for some Q.T. function(s) to use, and won't set itself up to use any other media players (at least for video, and some filoe format pictures.

I.E. seems to work fine as my browser without any of the Firefox problem. Should I just uninstall both Q.T. and Firefox and forget it? Just use I.E. 7 and "be happy"??

In any replies, remember that I amde NOT a "techie"; I don't mess with Registries or play with programs. Keep it simple, please! I run Win XT (Home) with SP2. Windows, Q.T. and Firefox are all updated.

Thanks

patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:15 AM   #2
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Hi PJ,

I have the same kind of problems with Firefox. I was flipping through TV channels a few months ago and came across that Ditto or Dotto, what ever that Computer geeks name is that has a TV program about computers. He was telling some caller it was a Microsoft domination thing. You have to turn something off that allows IE to be the dominate browser ??? I couldn't figure it out ether so "Bill won". I just use IE7. Maybe someone will come along with the real answer.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote