Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2006, 01:59 AM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There is no real solution that would satisfy everyone. There are softer cords but they are not cheap. We had the hard wired one that stuffed into a compartment on our previous TT and it was also a pain..many bruised and scrapped knuckles. The majority of C.G's that we have been in over the years have the power box at or near the rear. We also use the 50 amps when it is available..that's why we got the 50 amp camper. The dump valves are more of a concern to me..they are in the middle of the camper and most of the dump pipes are at or near the rear. Our quest for the "perfect camper" continues..

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:11 AM   #22
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by padredw

Orv,

Note my "amended" signature:

padre-dw-32
I never give much attention to signatures. Are you saying you're "32" is the same as mine?

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:12 AM   #23
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

There is no real solution that would satisfy everyone. There are softer cords but they are not cheap. We had the hard wired one that stuffed into a compartment on our previous TT and it was also a pain..many bruised and scrapped knuckles. The majority of C.G's that we have been in over the years have the power box at or near the rear. We also use the 50 amps when it is available..that's why we got the 50 amp camper. The dump valves are more of a concern to me..they are in the middle of the camper and most of the dump pipes are at or near the rear. Our quest for the "perfect camper" continues..
Rich,
I don't think we'll get that "perfect" camper (and I don't know why we refer to them as campers--it's my home) until we get to "Camper Heaven."
Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:13 AM   #24
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Hi Richfaa, I have had a number of RV's since starting this adventure in '83 with a popup. I have found that my present Monty with its sewer connector in front of the trailer tires is optimual. Having had one with it at the rear...I was constantly having to monitor it for ground contact with risk of wiping it off the trailer. Present location, I have no worries about this...just MHO. I do worry about the day a blow a tire as others have mentioned and its associated destructive potentials.
Chuck
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:50 AM   #25
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Orv,

Almost sorry I brought it up, and apologies to the other posters on this thread for whom this has been an interruption.

Back to Orv: some time ago when I noticed your signature I posted then that I guessed you were born in 1932. I noticed it because I was born in 1932. I think you responded at that time, but there's been a lot of water under the bridge since then and I assumed too much.

As for me, I just celebrated my 74th birthday. And now after creating all this stir over my friend who is nearly the same age as I...

I'm outta here!
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:55 AM   #26
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I agree that most CG hookups are to the rear or in the middle. However, the CG we stayed at in Montana had them right next to the street (It was a backin). We had to move Monty up so the cord would reach after we thought we were all set. So you never know. We like the take off type as we have had it the other way and it was a pain.
Orv and Padre, glad to hear you guys are still RVing. We've got about 10 years to reach you and we are thinking of the age thing as we get ready to full time. You know like how long can we do it. You give us hope! LOL
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:39 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have always called them campers. Where I was" brung up", Northwestern , Pa they were all campers, Never heard them called anything else from a pop-up to a high dollar Motorhome..all campers. The first time we looked for a camper here in Ohio, way back, The salesman asked us ..what kind of a Coach did we have in mind.. I had no idea what he was talking about.. we said.. Coach???.we are looking for a Camper.. When our Pa friends asked us what kind of camper we got we said , didn't get one of them...got a "Coach" Sounds better...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:49 PM   #28
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
There have to be various cords, I am a Pipefitter, 6'1" and pretty stout, I have a hard time coiling our cord in the old white basket when cold, then storing it. I will visit Western Extralight here in K.C., my electrical warehouse to see about an easier to handle cord.
No offence meant to anyone.
(And a little sorry to open this can of worms.)
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:26 PM   #29
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Ozz

NO can of worms

We are all learning stuff here, even if we don't agree!

HEY, let us know what you find at the supplier, price, length, name, all those good details.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote